Corsair 250d Cooling Help

Xzantos

Hi, I'm having some problems finding the best fan setup for my 250d that I built a couple weeks ago. My current setup is the default front 140mm fan as exhaust and my H100i as intake with SP120 quiet edition pwm fans in push config, my 4690k temps are in the low to mid 50's at 3.9 BUT my MSI GTX 970 gets up to 73C stock and it makes that side of the case pretty warm to touch. I've tried the 140mm fan intake and H100i as exhaust, it lowers my gpu to about 68C but raises my cpu to about 65C when playing games. I've replaced the thermal paste on my cpu but not my gpu yet, should I try do that or try a different fan config or something else? 

Try getting another cheap-o 140mm fan for the front, or a nice one if you have the money. Replace the thermal paste on the GPU  for sure.

Try getting another cheap-o 140mm fan for the front, or a nice one if you have the money. Replace the thermal paste on the GPU  for sure.

I think I'll go out tomorrow to tigerdirect to see what they have for fans and I'll try replacing the thermal paste after that. Should I keep the fans as front exhaust and h100i intake?

I think I'll go out tomorrow to tigerdirect to see what they have for fans and I'll try replacing the thermal paste after that. Should I keep the fans as front exhaust and h100i intake?

Depends, you'll get better temps having the front as intake, but more dust to go with it.

I have the ASUS Z97I-PLUS motherboard and the way things are positioned didn't really help with cable management either. I'll try switching the front to exhaust as well either later today or tomorrow, I just want my parts as cool as I can without watercooling. Thanks for the help.