Do I need water cooling?

I'm planning a gaming pc build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/t8HHQ7 and I was wondering if I'm going to need water cooling. I want to overclock the cpu/gpu but I'm not sure how much. Since I'm overclocking, do I need water cooling or separate fans? (My budget is ~$1000 USD but I'm willing to pay more if it is really worth it)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

you dont need any thing 

but the best overclocks come from water cooling 

but you can get vary good overclocks form aftermarket air coolers also.

Stock coolers not so much though.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.95 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Enermax ELC-LT240-HP 111.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Micro Center) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card  ($259.99 @ Newegg) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ OutletPC) 

Total: $1080.24

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-27 10:01 EST-0500

This build's waaaaaaay better. For gpu you won't need to put it under water - unless your very unhappy with temps

check the price for an i5-4690k with the asrock anniversary edition (105$) and a CM hyper 212 Evo (35$)

liquid cooling looks great indeed. but the price to performance ratio isnt as great as the hyper212 evo. 

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

a decent all in one cooler does majority of the job of custom loop at a fraction of the price. While air cooled coolers work well, they don't quite dicipate the heat quite as quickly and or efficiently. Something like the corsair h100 or neptune 280l will go nicely in any case. with an NZXT Kraken the same can be said for the GPU too. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.95 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI Z97 Guard-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.88 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card ($259.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($73.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $989.73

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-27 10:05 EST-0500

Steve

Really get a NH-D15 instead because it is normally quieter than MOST AIO water coolers and the performance is the same or better.

If u're asking yourself if u need water cooling, then no, you don't.

It's all about enthusiasm and more esthetics, than gain in performance.

But, if water cooling system built good, your pc can turn into a silent overclocked beast.

Not an fanboy but for your budget of the build, I would say to get the most performance and overclocking headroom, build an intel based system like ppl mentioned.

For the components you choose, you will definitely utilize watercooling a lot, just becuz they are hot...

For a total budget of 1000 USD, I would never recommend watercooling at all since a full custom loop has literately no price/performance gain.
Get a lower TDP/better performance CPU, the gpu if you are willing to pay about $50 roughly more, get a GTX970.

If you want to do watercooling, I suggest a AIO CPU cooler. Full custom loops can easily run you over $500. Even more if you are also doing GPU(s)

Also, GPUs with aftermarket coolers like Gigabyte G1, EVGA ACX, exc. Can be overclocked further. Not as good as water cooling, but you can squeeze some more performance out of them.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

one reason I made a custom loop was to make my graphics card quieter because it had one of those silly reference hair dryers, but if you get like any cooler not made my AMD or Nvidia (Like Gigbyte windforce, or Asus Direct CU2 or MSI Twin Frozr) then they already come very quiet, and usually hardly make any noise.

Is the Intel build really worth it? It's +$55 and it seems like the value for AMD CPU's are better because the FX-8350 is an 8-core vs. the i5-4690k (quad core) I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure why I would want to spend more for less??

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D