SD Card Showdown - 4K Video Edition

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1D2hcXi

Amazon: http://geni.us/24qR

With a special guest to host it and everything, today's episode is a pretty special one with a deeper-than-usual dive into the (on the surface) most mundane of topics. SD card performance.

New vid hype <3

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Will watch when I get home. Seems very interesting :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So why do you only fire luke but a lot and not mess around with brandon too   :mellow:

Also nice job brandon, linus prank brandon or have brandon prank luke  :P

Nice intro Guys

Edit after watching vid: I think you did a great job there Brandon. you started strong at explaining what you were talking about then you lost me, I understand that there will be people who understand what you are talking about but I believe the general audience will not. However I am interested to hear more about cameras from Brandon.

also linus how can sd cards be more boring than USB chargers

Send him to NAB NBA or whatever, it isn't his first seen him in CES, PAX and PC gift video, the intro was hilarious and that audio was left the right then left and made my ears shake maybe bass boosted ?? just send him to that place.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Wow, measuring the performance of cards by recording the audio of shutter clicks is a really cool idea.

I would actually say that what matters most for SD cards is the physical endurance in terms of insertion cycles and endurance in terms of TBW. I'd really like to see those numbers.

Well done Brandon!! Photography and Video is something that I would love to learn more about so stick him in front of the lens a little more Linus :)

Main Rig |  Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Intel 6700k @ 5ghz | Corsair H110i GTX | 16gb Kingston HyperX 2800mhz DDR4 | Corsair hx1000i | Intel 750 400gb NVME 2.5 SSD | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 8x 4tb Seagate HDD Synology DS1813+ | BenQ XL2720T | Zowie FK1 | Corsair K70 RGB | Sennheiser HD650 | Mayflower 02DAC and Amp combo | Blue Spark Microphone | Fractal Define S | Asus GTX980ti Strix

Wife's Rig | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel 3770k @ 4.8ghz | Corsair H100i 4x sp120 Quiet Edition | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz DDR3 | Corsair ax760i | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 3x 24" Lenovo 1200p Screens  | Bit Fenix Prodigy 230mm Intake & af140 Exhaust | Gigabyte GTX780

Loved the video, Brandon did really wel, I think he can definitely host more videos in the future. Would love to see more videos about cameras and their technology here or even a whole channel about camera technology. I think he still needs to work at the speed at which he talks but it will come with time. Again nice video. :)

We need more Brandon on LTT! Edzel and Taran too. Hell, lets put all of LMG on LTT more. Maybe a workflow video of a LTT video being made from start to finish featuring everything that goes into a video. Things like script writing, benchmarking, videography, editing, sponsors, maybe even publishing? Behind the scenes videos are awesome. 

Really good Video. 

Wasn't actually that complicated. Data was presented very well.

I do like Brandon as a host.

I feel, that this is something that LMG should look into. Either for the LTT channel or a new one. Branch out, maybe specialize. When Linus talked to PCPer's Ryan Shrout the amount of indepth knowledge displayed, showed how much more detailed you guys could go. Maybe not on the daily videos. Maybe in a format opposite to Fast As Possible, where you really dig deep into architecture topics etc.

Thanks Linus, and good job Brandon! 

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Really good Video. 

Wasn't actually that complicated. Data was presented very well.

I do like Brandon as a host.

I feel, that this is something that LMG should look into. Either for the LTT channel or a new one. Branch out, maybe specialize. When Linus talked to PCPer's Ryan Shrout the amount of indepth knowledge displayed, showed how much more detailed you guys could go. Maybe not on the daily videos. Maybe in a format opposite to Fast As Possible, where you really dig deep into architecture topics etc.

I quite like that idea, however I would imagine those videos would take a very long time to script and shoot and edit, etc. You'd have to ask Linus on that one though.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

hey I'd like to see more camera gear featured on this channel and why not send him tot that place that he was talking about

We like Brandon. Just don't let Nick Light on cam. Not kidding.

I've heard he isn't good on camera, but was he ever in a video? I don't remember, but maybe I've got a crap memory.

I have to give it to you Brandon awesome job!

Honestly he did a solid job on his first appearance ever, I can definitely get used to him hosting more camera stuff on the channel as well as providing coverage from NAB 2015!

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Good video. Please have more videos with Brandon he's a great host.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Brandon did an excellent job with this video, having more videos with stuff that you guys use with him as a host would be very welcome. :)

Please let Brandon do more. I'd love to learn more about cameras & related products. I feel awkward not being able to chime in when my girlfriend starts talking camera with other friends and I can only stand there and nod.

OH and hurray for dollar shave club~ finally shipping to New Zealand~

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850