wifi range extender

the_caldou

Hi guys

I've just moved in my new flat and my fiber optic acces point is "miles" away from my room where my computer is. Do you have any good ideas to get internet in my room apart from a cpl that doesn't work for I don't know what reason

Thanks a lot

Buy a really long ethernet cable.... and ducttape

Works everytime...

But seriously, for just web browsing any wireless N extender will do.

But you would get better bandwidth/speeds with an powerline networking kit

Hi guys

I've just moved in my new flat and my fiber optic acces point is "miles" away from my room where my computer is. Do you have any good ideas to get internet in my room apart from a cpl that doesn't work for I don't know what reason

Thanks a lot

A cable along the wall and stuff?

Ethernet > WiFi

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well I don't kow how long of a cable I need and the wife isn't a great fan of cables running along the flat

If you have an old Wi-Fi router kicking around you can set it up as a clone to extend the signal into another end of the house. But that still requires you running an Ethernet cable to it from your current and existing router. Its very simple. Google has all the answers. If you don't then well, these guy's above me made some good suggestions. 

My Rig- CPU: Phenom II X4 955 3.2@3.6ghz (OC) Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70 Ram: 2x4GB Patriot Viper 1333@1666Mhz (OC) Cooling: Corsair H55 liquid cooler (CPU), 3x120mm 3 speedTricool blue LED case fans (2 front 1 rear), 1x200mm 3 speed Tricool turbine (top)  PSU: Corsair CX600  GPU: XFX R9 270X 1050@1150 (OC) Storage: 1x60gb OCZ Vertex III (Boot) 1x500GB Western Digital Black (Storage) Keyboard: Roccat ISKU Alien FX Multicolor  Mouse: Roccat Cone Pure Multicolor  Headset: Logitech G430 Display: LG Flatron W2353V