Pc useless without internet?

Viking Kong

So i haven't had a internet connection for 2 weeks now, and maybe have used my pc 5 times since then. Our bill went up 20$ a month at the start of 2015,so 60$ for 7megabit which is absurd, so we left them and they dgaf. Looking for new isp but that's not the point. Seems to me that my gaming pc is just a large expensive paperweight atm without internet. I mean i could play some SP games offline, but what fun is that? I need to play bf4! You never realise how much you use your pc untill the internet is gone. And my new chair i got right when the 'nets went away hasn't gotten the attention it deserves

For me my computer is useless besides music and Minecraft single player.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I can still single player game and I can still do stuff like photo editing and stuff..

With internet it's all just easier. :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yea, I usually disconnect from the Internet when I have important work to do, stops the distraction.

I don't really game, and the two games I do have are patched to remove onlime functionality. And a Ps1 emulator.

I can still play games, I have quite a lot of movies, tv shows which I can watch again.

I can still single player game and I can still do stuff like photo editing and stuff..

With internet it's all just easier. :D

My pc is my only source of entertainment (media and gaming). I use it to do everything.

Yep, I could probably go months without internet, though I'd prefer not to.

505a48e005.png

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I don't know how it works where you are. But 10 years ago I was paying virgin £16 a month for 30mb speed, which has been more than enough over the years. Over the years the price went up £1 here and £2 there until last summer when it went up to £28.50 a month.

So I gave them a call told them I was still on the original package and for what I was paying originally. They offered me faster my connection for the same price! I said no as the speed I have was more than enough for what I do. So they said nothing more we can do, so I said I'll cancel and go elsewhere. Lady on the phone said I'll put you through to the retention team, where they offered me £16 a month for the next 18 months, I snapped their arm off.

On another note did the same for me mobile phone, house insurance and TV package saving me £520 this year doing that.

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

I go to my cousins a lot for a weekend and before I go I download as many single player games as possible but even then, the fun can't last longer than 3 days.

On the 4th day I start getting bored as hell so yes, it is neccesary.

Without an internet connection I can still do work on my PC.

Content creators like Youtube uploaders can continue making their stuff (as long as it doesn't involve online play)

So what exciting things do you do with your phone and console without the internet?

Lol my consoles have been in the attic where they belong for years. Browsing on your phone sucks. Already used my 2.5gbs of data...in the 2 weeks we haven't had internet.

That looks like a decent collection of... female characters i'm sure.

Nothing was acquired specifically for nudity, though it is featured in some HBO shows.

What all have you got in there?

Are you a hoarder?

Some old stuff from my childhood that is/was very difficult to find, I also have ridiculously high res things.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Yep, I could probably go months without internet, though I'd prefer not to.

505a48e005.png

Yeah... i have no media to consume on my pc at all...just games and music. All video i watch online with everything else.

Nothing was acquired specifically for nudity, though it is featured in some HBO shows.

Some old stuff from my childhood that is/was very difficult to find, I also have ridiculously high res things.

Do you just have a butt load of hard drives or?

Just wondering how you managed that.

Yeah... i have no media to consume on my pc at all...just games and music. All video i watch online with everything else.

Ew this is exactly why I don't stream, I much prefer to download for these exact reasons.

Ew this is exactly why I don't stream, I much prefer to download for these exact reasons.

Uh-hu I bet you have everything you want to watch as well as everything that hasnt come out yet downloaded already

Do you just have a butt load of hard drives or?

Just wondering how you managed that.

4 x 3TB barracudas and 1x 1TB WD blue set up as a simple storage space (no resiliency) in Win 8.1

Uh-hu I bet you have everything you want to watch as well as everything that hasnt come out yet downloaded already None of us prepare not to have internet access.

I downloaded a fuck ton of movies that I would watch if needed or want to watch.

I prepare constantly because my internet is either down or I am at my cousins with no access

On a basic level, computers are worthless without internet. Right now I am typing a document and listening to music(which can be done offline even though I'm not), but I guess it could be argued that you need internet to download a word processor and to download music, so theres that(just something to think about). They aren't to worthless if you already have content on the computer though.

I wouldn't say a PC is useless without internet, but not having internet is very inconvenient. Without internet I would just play games, music, or watch movies or shows. Not having access to internet IS a huge part of why I prefer physical media over digital, if I don't have internet I can't download a game or watch Netflix, physical media for life yo. Although the digital games i do have on steam are usually installed on my hard drive so I can play them whenever.

My internet goes out sometimes when my parents don't pay the bill, and when that happens I tether to my phone which has LTE. Its my backup internet and good enough to watch 1080p videos or web surfing.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I recently just moved house and have spent the last 10 months without internet, other than the little bits of spare time i got in work. I just got internet back on Friday just gone ( 23rd) since I've had it back I've been on my pc less then when I had it.

I've forgotten what I even did on it so now I just hardly use it. I watch videos on youtube, but for no more than 30 minutes, I download some stuff too, but thats just me searching for a few minutes and getting something before im off it again. Ever since I've gotten off the internet I've just been cycling a lot! 

I'll admit that I spent about 3 hours on friday trying to get a game on guitar hero 3 though.. that's the most I've used it since I got it. 

So i haven't had a internet connection for 2 weeks now, and maybe have used my pc 5 times since then. Our bill went up 20$ a month at the start of 2015,so 60$ for 7megabit which is absurd, so we left them and they dgaf. Looking for new isp but that's not the point. Seems to me that my gaming pc is just a large expensive paperweight atm without internet. I mean i could play some SP games offline, but what fun is that? I need to play bf4! You never realise how much you use your pc untill the internet is gone.

TL;DR. Do you use your pc when you do not have an internet connection? If so what for?

Single Player games FTW

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii