Set two routers to use the same SSID

Scruffy90

I have 2 Linksys e4200s set up in the house because the signal from one does not make it all the way to the other end of the house. I have it set up so that they use two different SSID's.

How would I go about setting the second router to use the same SSID as the first?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I have 2 Linksys e4200s set up in the house because the signal from one does not make it all the way to the other end of the house. I have it set up so that they use two different SSID's.

How would I go about setting the second router to use the same SSID as the first?

Set them both to the same ssid and disable dhcp on the second router but it might have an accespoint mode :P 

Is it really that simple? I feel stupid for not noticing that. lol

Now does this mean that I am able to move freely across the house without worrying about being disconnected or connecting to the other network?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

you should automatically connect to either one but when walking between itll probably have to reconnect so a little down time

I won't be seamless, if you want a seamless experience buy for example Ubiquiti UniFi products (They have seamless handling)

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

Sadly, creating seamless handoff is not that easy. Computers actually connect to access points (or, routers in this case) using their BSSID, not their SSID. 

If you give both routers the same SSID, they will still be two different networks that will require you to manually switch between them.

If you want to create a network where you can walk around and be seamlessly handed off between access points you'll need to look at more enterprise grade equipment from the likes of Ubiquiti, Cisco, or Fortinet (to name a few).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Also worth adding you need identical settings on both with regards to SSID and security settings. Channel can vary.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications