Water Cooling the WS-E X99

Before anyone goes on about that there is no waterblock for the WS-E you guessed it, you're right! however you can rig up a block using 2 kits.

This is basically how it goes, you have to buy the Rampage IV Black Edition Full Waterblock(do not buy the 1 piece block, buy the kit that has both chipset and mosfet seperately otherwise you run into problems) because it's the only mosfet waterblock that lines up with the WS-E screw holes (and this is all visual by the way!) I do not recommend using the chipset block that is included mainly because X99 and X79 chipset screw holes are well slightly different (but surprisingly the mosfet screw hole placement remains the same on most X99 motherboards).  

When it comes to the chipset use the RVE block as the screws line up, now granted this actually becomes expensive and I want to point out you either have to buy a universal mosfet block or buy bother the RVE and the RIVBE kits to get a working block for the WS-E, if $260 isn't much it's definitely a way to go if you want an EK block.  I can only confirm that the chipset block for the RVE is compatible with the WS-E but the mosfet block is not as the pattern is diagonal and not straight. 

If you don't want to spend $130 on just a mosfet block(as the mosfet for RIVBE is not sold separately) than koolance comes into play with a block that should line up.

http://koolance.com/mvr-100-motherboard-vreg-water-block.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I want some pictures of this in action because that sounds like it can only go wrong.

Why dammit?

Why would anyone water-cool such an expensive motherboard and run the risk of destroying it with a unsupported kit...

Good luck I guess...

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Why dammit?

Why would anyone water-cool such an expensive motherboard and run the risk of destroying it with a unsupported kit...

Good luck I guess...

Because it fits and works that's why, but it's safer than say... painting your motherboard... 

If it doesn't fit or if I'm off it doesn't matter as I have a RVE anyway.  

The point is to see if this works. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress