Ok to wait a week without biocide?

Spev

Just wondering how quickly any algae could grow. I'll have all my parts except my biocide in a couple days. Biocide comes next week (only one shipping option and was like a week). My question is with distilled water is it gonna be fine to run the loop for about a week without adding biocide? Or should I wait and do it when I set it up.

P.S. Rip to the LTT forums yesterday wtf!

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Considering that you can store normal tapwater for months without it going bad i'd think that distilled water will last more than a few days without any additives.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Your system will get infected within minutes, if not seconds if you don't use Bioside. If you wait a week your system will look like a mossy forest.

Just kidding, you will be fine waiting a week. I am running a mixed metal system with distilled water and I have been fine for the week that it has been running. I haven't used a bioside and probably won't since I simply don't care, but for a week you won't have any issues. I did some reading and some people use a small amount of isopropyl alcohol for the "when in doubt", but since you plan on adding stuff anyways I wouldn't bother.

Your system will get infected within minutes, if not seconds if you don't use Bioside. If you wait a week your system will look like a mossy forest.

Oh you make me giggle, QueenDemetria

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I haven't used any type of biocide at all. My loop has been up since September? I believe. Looks like day one. You'll be fine.

There won't be any problem in a week, if u didn't spit in this water or making tea with it.

It depends on how well you seal your loop and the environment you live at.
But for the most part, a week is really just too short to grow anything. But for the record, don't wait until something grow and visible to deal with it.

Just kidding, you will be fine waiting a week. I am running a mixed metal system with distilled water and I have been fine for the week that it has been running. I haven't used a bioside and probably won't since I simply don't care, but for a week you won't have any issues. I did some reading and some people use a small amount of isopropyl alcohol for the "when in doubt", but since you plan on adding stuff anyways I wouldn't bother.

I wouldn't recommend having any amount of alcohol touching any acrylic, it can ruin the finish of it, and make it look ugly.

but as others have said, a week should be fine. Try to keep it out of the sunlight too.