Acrylic Tubing or Soft Tubing?

Hey guys,

So I am  starting a new build in the TJ07 and I don't know whether to go for Acrylic Tubing or Soft Tubing. The colour of Tubing/Coolant I am  going for is this.

I believe in that picture the Acrylic tubing is clear, and the coolant is Feser One. But Primochill has this acrylic tubing available. Sooo....

Soft Tubing:  Never going to find the colour of tubing I am after, but could use that Feser Coolant (But that comes with the downsides of staining and etc...)

Acrylic Tubing: Lots and lots of work, but I can use the Primochill coloured tubing and don't have to worry about staining.

Aaand that's basically my situation. Any ideas are appreciated :)

My Rig:   | Intel i7 5960x @ Stock(For Now)     |     Asus X99-E WS     |     EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX In 2-Way SLI     |

|  32GB Kingston Predator DDR4     |     Corsair AX1200     |     TJ07     |

acrylic definitely looks better but soft is easier. now i am no liquid cooling genius, i barely know anything about it
but If you have the time  and experience go acrylic

With rigid tubing u have to be more precise when measuring everything.

Also it is usually more expensive, because u'll need more fittings, angle adapters and so on.

Since it is all about looks, not performance, I'd prefed soft tubing. You can still find primochill's rubing of such color, there's no problem.

With rigid tubing u have to be more precise when measuring everything.

Also it is usually more expensive, because u'll need more fittings, angle adapters and so on.

Since it is all about looks, not performance, I'd prefed soft tubing. You can still find primochill's rubing of such color, there's no problem.

They have some UV purple soft tubing but none that looks like the acrylic version unfortunately.

My Rig:   | Intel i7 5960x @ Stock(For Now)     |     Asus X99-E WS     |     EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX In 2-Way SLI     |

They have some UV purple soft tubing but none that looks like the acrylic version unfortunately.

I don't think, that u're looking at your pc at least 80% time when you are playing :D

Anyways, if u want to do this - just make it real.

I did rigid tubing setup once, so how I did it: bought some tubing, 2 fittings, 2 angle adapters; measured everything precisely; ordered other stuff and assembled the loop.

You may want to do it very accurate, because you don't need any tension in your system (it can even bend or twist something).

I don't think, that u're looking at your pc at least 80% time when you are playing :D

Anyways, if u want to do this - just make it real.

I did rigid tubing setup once, so how I did it: bought some tubing, 2 fittings, 2 angle adapters; measured everything precisely; ordered other stuff and assembled the loop.

You may want to do it very accurate, because you don't need any tension in your system (it can even bend or twist something).

Thanks for the tips :) Yeah I know how much effort, time and precision it would take, but my problem is I half want to do it for the looks (of course :P) and half because I want to avoid using dyed coolant to avoid the hassle down the line.

My friend had green coolant in his WC system 2 year ago and his coolant is still turning green haha

Thanks for the tips :) Yeah I know how much effort, time and precision it would take, but my problem is I half want to do it for the looks (of course :P) and half because I want to avoid using dyed coolant to avoid the hassle down the line.

My friend had green coolant in his WC system 2 year ago and his coolant is still turning green haha

Also u can try measuring everything and marking it on a sheet of paper in scale, or in 'autocad', 'solidworks' etc.

It will help u to be 100% sure that it will fit. Yes, I know, this is a bit insane :D

I'm only using distilled water + kill coil and anti corrosive adds too. But adding some UV stuff when doing leaktest, it helps a lot to avoid any issues (it's just like when u see a bright green place near fitting and u understand, that something's wrong).

Generally the acrylic tubes have better quality. Like, if you buy cheap soft tube, you'll get some residual crap in your loop. Tell me if I'm wrong but I have never seen any cheap acrylic tubes.

However, if you get some Primoflex tubes, no problem.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I'll try to put it simply. First timers, go soft tubing.

Acrylic is badass and looks amazing, but it requires far more precision and patience, plus it's barely been tested long term (I realize it's been a few years) still though. Soft tubing is still safer.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.