Google News Conf. in Nashville, Likely to announce Google Fiber

Google Fiber is coming to Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and Raleigh-Durham [6]

First some background:

---Local news has been reporting on city council passing new laws allowing Google Fiber 'huts' (or whatever term they are using) for their on-ground Fiber central nodes, and other legal requirements for a while now. [1] 

---There are job postings for Google Fiber positions (tele-commute) for Nashville. [2]

Tomorrow Tue the 27th of Jan 2015:

---There will be a noon press conference [3] at the 'Nashville Entrepreneur Center', which is one of Google's Tech Hubs. [4]

I'll update this thread tomorrow after the news conf.... (Heck if it is streamed... I might link that in here...) Since I'll be at the News Conf.

~RighteousCoder

UPDATE 11:22 PST, Atlanta is also holding a news conf. with google today. and  2 NC cities are listed as likely G-Fiber blessed cities

"expanding its presence to people in Atlanta, Charlotte, N.C., Raleigh-Durham, N.C. and Nashville, Tenn.," from cnet. [5]

UPDATE 13:00 PST, confirmed the 4 new cities to get Google Fiber.

Also: If mod could change title of thread to "Google Fiber is coming to Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and Raleigh-Durham" That would be great. 

Citations

[1] http://www.nashville.gov/mc/ordinances/term_2011_2015/bl2014_744.htm

[2] https://www.google.com/about/careers/search#t=sq&q=j&d=Nashville&li=10&j=Nashville&

[3] http://m.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/01/google-hosting-nashville-news-conference-tuesday.html

[4] http://www.ec.co/partner-programs/

[5] http://www.cnet.com/news/google-fiber-reportedly-to-expand-to-four-more-cities/ 

[6] http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2015/01/google-fiber-new-metro-areas.html 

GOOGLE FIBER IN THE HORSEY STATE

Well i know where im moving to! :DDDD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

This kind of pisses me off.  No offense to N. Carolina, but why must google always deploy fiber in these low population flyover states.  I don't mean to be dismissive (but here goes), but it's time they actually deployed fiber in actual CIVILIZATION and not out in the sticks.  How about a place like Los Angeles ???!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?

And not just because I live there, because.. well why is not important.  They just need to come here and free me from time warner cable.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

This kind of pisses me off.  No offense to N. Carolina, but why must google always deploy fiber in these low population flyover states.  I don't mean to be dismissive (but here goes), but it's time they actually deployed fiber in actual CIVILIZATION and not out in the sticks.  How about a place like Los Angeles ???!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?

And not just because I live there, because.. well why is not important.  They just need to come here and free me from time warner cable.

I understand your pain but it's because the big ISP's are making every little city a battleground of lawsuits for google to get their foot in the door. Google needs a lot of smaller cities before it can have the momentum to take on a bigger city where the massive infrastructure will take years of planning 

Big city= big cost...

Not to mention, Google can't use infrastructures that currently exist. They got to have their own stuff.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Was suppose to be streaming options.. but cant' find one quick before I head down there... Hopefully the news isn't "sorry" (I'd probably cry...)

It's because other places are too developed. Google fiber can only come to places with limited infrastructure because google fiber requires entirely new infrastructure usually

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

AND.......I'm literally packing up and leaving Nashville. FML.

It's because other places are too developed. Google fiber can only come to places with limited infrastructure because google fiber requires entirely new infrastructure usually

This isn't true at all, Google Fiber is tying into pre-existing fiber networks for backbone transmission, Around ~2005 or so Google went around and bought up all the dark-fiber it could nation wide, and uses it for transmission between its own data centers. The 'exact' backbone it'll connect to in Nashville and the 4 other cities, I'm not sure of... but most moderately sized cities(specifically down towns of most county seats (of counties with population over 100k) will have fiber backbones TO the city... but that is usually for big company/government uses)

It DOES need to install the "Last Mile" infrastructure which basically doesn't exist anywhere in the US for fiber the way it should. (and this is what Google gets special permission to dig the ditches and install the optical switches/routers in each neighborhood) 

So when is Chicago going to get it?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

It sucks Seattle will be one of the last places to get giigle fiber.

HTID

Please come to the DC area, please.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

The worst thing. When Google is installing Fiber service literally 10 miles away from you.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x