Unboiling eggs! The future of cancer treatment!

XTankSlayerX

emtzhbnzgkuehx7nribu.jpg

_=^SOURCE^=_

UC Irvine and Australian chemists have figured out how to unboil egg whites – an innovation that could dramatically reduce costs for cancer treatments, food production and other segments of the $160 billion global biotechnology industry, according to findings published today in the journal ChemBioChem.

"It's not so much that we're interested in processing the eggs; that's just demonstrating how powerful this process is," Weiss said. "The real problem is there are lots of cases of gummy proteins that you spend way too much time scraping off your test tubes, and you want some means of recovering that material."

For example, pharmaceutical companies currently create cancer antibodies in expensive hamster ovary cells that do not often misfold proteins. The ability to quickly and cheaply re-form common proteins from yeast or E. coli bacteria could potentially streamline protein manufacturing and make cancer treatments more affordable. Industrial cheese makers, farmers and others who use recombinant proteins could also achieve more bang for their buck.

Finding new ways to treat cancer is always nice. It's going to be interesting to see how this (May?) chance the world or some industries.

You should be able to untoast your burnt toast in a few years. Let the hype train prep for boarding.

Genuinely confused

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Love science <3333

There are plenty of ways to protect yourself from cancer, but so far not much for curing it, so unless the government butt rapes us, this could change so much :D

What

Wait

huh? 

A link to the article please? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Cool! UC Irvine is like 10 minutes from me :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Stop trolling with these ridiculous false news posts @XTankSlayerX! :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

That is cool! Really, really cool!

In near future when I will be cooking and burn something I dont have to go and get new ingredients.. I can just uncook it and cook it again! Awesome! /j

Its nice to see some progress in cancer research. I think this will have more aplications outside of cancer too.

This isn't exactly a new way to treat cancer like you mention in the original post. It just stream lines the unfolding of proteins. Reducing cost(time is money) , which in turn could mean more money could be spent on research and finding cures faster. Well at least that my take on it.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Finding new ways to treat cancer is always nice. It's going to be interesting to see how this (May?) chance the world or some industries.

You should be able to untoast your burnt toast in a few years. Let the hype train prep for boarding.

Well its not a way to treat cancer. Someone who commented already explained.

Also, you said "chance the world" instead of change.

Well, if it helps with cancer treatments, awesome. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

nice, i had a few instances where i needed an egg but only had a cooked one left!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

This is awesome, there might come a day that we a truelly able to unbake a cake.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

im no scientist or biologist, but call me if this can heal my diabetes  :wub:

Xeon E3-1231-v3 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro // Asus Z97AR // XFX RX 480 GTR

It's Gizmodo so it has about as much relevance with reality as a regular Onion article.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Wow I thought that breaking hydrogen bonds was irreversible... but this opens even more questions... how the hell do the proteins know their previous structure? 

I am torn between two perspectives. First one may be that the technology will be a huge benefit to humanity and cancer patients alike, but on the other hand I've heard horror stories of "secret government agencies" that stop the advancement of ground breaking technology in order to protect the US' economy. For example, gas is a huge commodity, and some guy invented an engine that runs on water and alcohol, two substances that are either widely available, or easily manufactured. Said inventor was contacted by a "government avant" and blackmailed into stopping his product. His research was taken and his prototype (that was functional by the way) was taken as well. I hope this kind of thing doesn't happen to a cancer treatment technology.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

I'm just going to leave this here for those who consider themselves open minded people and wish to know how the cure for cancer has been supressed in favour of pharmaceutical companies, who make $50 bn dollars a year off the sale of the cancer treatments that currently exist, to prevent their revenue from disappearing due to the cure for cancer making expensive chemotheapy, radiation, surgery and drug treatments obsolete.

Feel free to watch it.

Edit: video is banned in USA and Canada, it is available for download here:

http://en.savefrom.net/#url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=N4alCz_L91g&utm_source=youtube.com&utm_medium=short_domains&utm_campaign=www.ssyoutube.com

Edited by Litargirio

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

This is unbelievable, what an era it is to be alive. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I'm just going to leave this here for those who consider themselves open minded people and wish to know how the cure for cancer has been supressed in favour of pharmaceutical companies, who make $6 bn dollars a year off the sale of the cancer treatments that currently exist, to prevent their revenue from disappearing due to the cure for cancer making expensive chemotheapy, radiation, surgery and drug treatments obsolete.

Feel free to watch it.

Blocked in USA.

But I'll explain for anyone who cares to listen.

The main active ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as THC, has been shown in some studies to be a cancer cell growth inhibitor, however these studies (as with all studies it seems) have been contested, mainly by governments.

At the very least, it helps alleviate the side effects of normal cancer treatments. Also I find it funny that a doctor associated with the testing of Marinol (the medical pill form of THC) claimed that it wasn't "enjoyable" and thus wouldn't find it's way into the recreational community. I've had it before and it is kinda fun, but it's like 10 times stronger than you would want and just makes you want to go to bed. It would make a killer sleep aid, probably the best nights sleep I've ever had, slept for like 12 hours straight.

Recreational use is another argument for another place and time, not going to get into that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm just going to leave this here for those who consider themselves open minded people and wish to know how the cure for cancer has been supressed in favour of pharmaceutical companies, who make $6 bn dollars a year off the sale of the cancer treatments that currently exist, to prevent their revenue from disappearing due to the cure for cancer making expensive chemotheapy, radiation, surgery and drug treatments obsolete.

Feel free to watch it.

Okay, one of these conspiracy types. Lets have a go. 

The field of medical research is huge. Very huge. The field of pharmaceutical research isn't the only one that is involved in coming up with drugs. There are around half a dozen ways you can get into the drug making business, don't need big pharma for it. Any old lab with a powerful computer can actually start the searches.

You're tell me that out of the tens of millions of doctors and researchers (both academic, private and public) that one has solved cancer? Of any form? You realize that kind of thing wouldn't stay quiet? The field of research is too connected for something that big to stay quiet. 

FFS, we researchers blow our loads when we find a new protein that shows better results in treatments, and you seriously think that Pharma is suppressing the cures across the globe? Really? I find that fucking insulting from a nobody on the internet who doesn't know shit on how research is done. 

Our lab is trialling a few new biomarkers for treatment. The stuff could make prostate cancer detection a great order more accurate (if it pans out). The other trial is actually looking at new drugs to be used in conjunction with the new prostate cancer detection and treatment protocols. Its exciting for me since in 5 years time, my name might be part of a GLOBAL revamp on prostate protocols. 

So with no due respect to you and people like you, fuck off with your conspiracy level bullshit. Cures for cancer and other big name diseases would be too well known to be hidden and buried. We'd want that stuff out there, ASAP. And you think Pharma cares? Do you? You know how often we come across special requisitions for very experimental drugs (usually in cancer) that the government an Pharma company are happy to have used? You think they don't want to be able to charge 2,000,000 a pop for a drug that cures you of the cancer you have? Cause guess what, they do. They'd happily do it. We'd happily pay for it. 

God, people like you and the bullshit you spread disgust me. I'm going to be spending my life working on and figuring out how to beat one type of cancer. Piss off if you think we're sitting around with our heads up our asses hiding the cures because we got paid off. 

Cool, but I don't believe it would make treatment cheaper in the country of 2000$-7-minute-doctor-visits. Possibly higher dividends for the shareholders if anything.

-snip

NO ONE, is blaming the doctors. As with all industries, it's the jackass lawyers and businessmen at the top we don't trust. And don't act like you've never gotten mad at someone in management.

A prime example of this is the outlawing in america of a drug treatment for heroin addiction. Can't remember the name of it, but my cousin went down to mexico to get it, and she hasn't had to go back to the methadone clinic in 2 years. Why you might ask? Because they can make more off of people never getting off of methadone than they can off of a cure.

Morality and ethics aside, a long term treatment has a larger financial incentive than an outright cure, for anything. And sure, not all doctors and businessmen that run the medical industry are bad, but plenty of them are bound to be. Just look at any other industry *cough*ISP's*cough*.

Okay, one of these conspiracy types. Lets have a go. 

The field of medical research is huge. Very huge. The field of pharmaceutical research isn't the only one that is involved in coming up with drugs. There are around half a dozen ways you can get into the drug making business, don't need big pharma for it. Any old lab with a powerful computer can actually start the searches.

You're tell me that out of the tens of millions of doctors and researchers (both academic, private and public) that one has solved cancer? Of any form? You realize that kind of thing wouldn't stay quiet? The field of research is too connected for something that big to stay quiet. 

FFS, we researchers blow our loads when we find a new protein that shows better results in treatments, and you seriously think that Pharma is suppressing the cures across the globe? Really? I find that fucking insulting from a nobody on the internet who doesn't know shit on how research is done. 

Our lab is trialling a few new biomarkers for treatment. The stuff could make prostate cancer detection a great order more accurate (if it pans out). The other trial is actually looking at new drugs to be used in conjunction with the new prostate cancer detection and treatment protocols. Its exciting for me since in 5 years time, my name might be part of a GLOBAL revamp on prostate protocols. 

So with no due respect to you and people like you, fuck off with your conspiracy level bullshit. Cures for cancer and other big name diseases would be too well known to be hidden and buried. We'd want that stuff out there, ASAP. And you think Pharma cares? Do you? You know how often we come across special requisitions for very experimental drugs (usually in cancer) that the government an Pharma company are happy to have used? You think they don't want to be able to charge 2,000,000 a pop for a drug that cures you of the cancer you have? Cause guess what, they do. They'd happily do it. We'd happily pay for it. 

God, people like you and the bullshit you spread disgust me. I'm going to be spending my life working on and figuring out how to beat one type of cancer. Piss off if you think we're sitting around with our heads up our asses hiding the cures because we got paid off. 

Please watch the video. Please. After that I will take everything you say, but you are currently arguing against me without even knowing what I am saying. What I present is not some "conspiracy theory", but facts. Stuff that happened.

Blocked in USA.

Yes, blocked because someone doesn't want you to watch it. Anyway, I think it is fixed now.

But I'll explain for anyone who cares to listen.

-snip-

No that's not what it is about. Please watch it.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Please watch the video. Please. After that I will take everything you say, but you are currently arguing against me without even knowing what I am saying. What I present is not some "conspiracy theory", but facts. Stuff that happened.

Yes, blocked because someone doesn't want you to watch it. Anyway, I think it is fixed now.

No that's not what it is about. Please watch it.

Still blocked. "for copyright purposes"