What is the most important part in a computer for rendering videos!?

Hey Guys!

Everything is just as important, cpu, gpu, ram and if preferd, fast storage.

Cpu and gpu are required for the rendering(more cpu cores=faster same with gpu speed) ram kinda works as a buffer between storage and and cpu+gpu and temporary stores (un)renderd parts and gives the software space to work.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Most video rendering stresses the CPU the most, then GPU. 

RAM works as a cache for everything: previews, snippets of video
Storage is generally not much of an issue as long as you're not running an almost full 5400rpm drive.

System: Corsair 500R | i7 4770k | Coolermaster 212 Evo | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Windforce R9 290 | Evo 840 250GB | Barracuda 2TB | Barracuda 3TB | Dell U2410 LG 23EA63V 

Hey Guys!

I'd say gpu and cpu, those are the two utmost important things to consider when building a rendering machine.

Storage and ram do matter, but I consider those secondary. Storage speed does help in loading videos up to edit, in terms of moving files here and there. And ram does also matter up to a certain extent. As one of the posts above have mentioned and linked, it does help up to a certain point. A point  being of diminishing returns.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

My specs are in my SIG - note no GPU. When I built my system 7 months ago on a tight budget. I did a fair whack of research so I could use LR and PS. I read CPU was most important followed by RAM Storage space these days with SSD's and then gpu. But these will change if you had a CPU with no internal graphics.

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H