Pro CSGO Players banned from Valve sponsored events due match fixing.

topsu

Seems like match fixers getting what they deserve.

As previously reported, numerous players from the ex-iBP lineup were implicated in a betting scandal last August.

Valve have now come forward and banned many known players from this lineup and a few others from any Valve-sponsored events.

The story was first broken by Daily Dot, but it was only after a lengthy investigation by Valve that they were able to confirm that numerous accounts were involved in a betting ring, netting perhaps upwards of $10,000 of in-game items on this match.

http://www.hltv.org/news/14083-ex-ibp-banned-from-valve-majors

Some top NA players got banned from attending Valve events, even ESEA banned them so seems lika a good bye to cs career. =/

Even 18 years old Braxton "Swag" Pierce  got banned, he had a huge potential at such young age too.

Swag's reply: http://www.hltv.org/news/14086-swag-deeply-sorry-to-all-fans

Curing shitposts by shitposts

I hope E-sports does a better job punishing people than regular sports

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Even more reasons why skin betting is toxic for the community... But what's strange is how valve instantly took action to this and talks about throwing for skins (which they profit on), but cheating at the pro level, semi pro, client, and mm is RAMPANT and they haven't said a word. I love valve as much as anyone else, but how can you take matches seriously when there is cheaters. Valve stop making skins and operations, get this esport off the ground first.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

Well can someone explain what happened in a more clear way.

Sucks for those guys, surprised C9 Shahzam isn't banned even though he's clearly involved.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Well can someone explain what happened in a more clear way.

Sucks for those guys, surprised C9 Shahzam isn't banned even though he's clearly involved.

IIRC some pro players were betting on their own matches and purposely throwing the game to win items.

I think it's a well deserved ban. Sure, sucks for them, but they made the decision to profit by losing a competitive match on purpose...

From what I recall, Shazam was told that he should change his bet, but wasn't given full information prior to the match. Possibly should be fined, but I don't think a ban is warranted for what he did (essentially very baseline insider trading). It could be argued that Shazam should have taken initiative and prodded for the full story prior to changing his bet, but... I don't know. Hard to make the argument that there should be no difference in punishment between throwing a match and betting based on insider information.

Also, the former iBP guys' infraction was within the game (Valve's property), while Shazam's infraction took place only on CS:GO Lounge (non-Valve property). That could be a pretty important distinction.

Just my two cents.

Cheating at games. 

Don't get me wrong, I do it a lot in Monopoly. But I'm only damaging relationships and making my wanted murder more apparent. I'm not cheating on a professional stage where my sponsors and organizers are trying to legitimize e-sports as a mainstream thing. 

You know why baseball is a big joke to some? The rampant cheating and steroids. Why is cycling a goddamn joke? Cause you have to go a dozen places down the finishing list to find someone who DIDN'T cheat. 

Cheating ruins reputations and it makes the sport suffer. These clowns. For shame. 

not so far.

Cheating at games.

Don't get me wrong, I do it a lot in Monopoly. But I'm only damaging relationships and making my wanted murder more apparent. I'm not cheating on a professional stage where my sponsors and organizers are trying to legitimize e-sports as a mainstream thing.

You know why baseball is a big joke to some? The rampant cheating and steroids. Why is cycling a goddamn joke? Cause you have to go a dozen places down the finishing list to find someone who DIDN'T cheat.

Cheating ruins reputations and it makes the sport suffer. These clowns. For shame.

Match fixing isn't comparable to enhancing your own abilities (cheating) to win, it's kinda the opposite.

Match fixing is also taken very seriously in professional sports. In fact in baseball you can get banned for betting on your own team to win.

Why are cs in game items even worth that much ffs -_- Valve get rid of your bs priced in game items that for whatever reason no one complains about but they do any other company and problem solved!

well crap. i reposted this on esports...

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Why are cs in game items even worth that much ffs -_- Valve get rid of your bs priced in game items that for whatever reason no one complains about but they do any other company and problem solved!

The skins help fund major tournaments.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

The consequences of this matching fixing and Valve's ban:

Hiko, a free agent who left C9 and was looking to join GX (ex-iBP: DaZeD, AZK, Swag, Skadoodle) has condemned the match fixing and will no longer associate himself with DaZeD, AZK and Swag.

Skadoodle, the best AWPer in North America to most, is now a true free agent, disassociated from GX, and is now searching for a new team with Hiko.

Team NetCodeGuides (ex-Mythic: fl0m, Lex, AbE, Anger, Hades) has left the NetCodeGuides organisation as a result of co-owners Foster and DaZeD being involved in the scandal.

Evil Geniuses was rumoured to be looking for a North American CSGO team, and may have been scared away from the scene by this scandal, and the banning of players they may have been considering purchasing.

The top two in-game-leaders in North America (Steel, IGL for Torqued, and DaZeD, IGL for GX) have been banned indefinitely from all Valve sponsored tournaments, including all future Majors. This should mean that GX will not be attending any future Majors, and Torqued likely won't be either unless they can recruit one more and choose an IGL. I'm not sure if GX and Torqued will be able to attend the upcoming ClutchCon.

ESEA has repeated Valve's statement, banning these players for a year, and reserving the right to increase this indefinitely. We're waiting on CEVO to come out with their statement to see if these players will be banned from even more tournaments.

The North American scene is not over, as much as Twitch chat might tell you it is. CLG was able to beat LDLC in the group stages of MLG X-Games Aspen on dust2, one of LDLC's best maps. Liquid is also full of young talent from NA. Backed with good sponsorships and some well-known personalities these teams should win many fans in the North American scene. The competition will be intense between CLG and Liquid trying to prove themselves right out of the gate, and with Cloud9 trying to prove that they have solved their internal issues and can still be a top NA team capable of beating Europe's greatest.

The consequences of this matching fixing and Valve's ban:

Hiko, a free agent who left C9 and was looking to join GX (ex-iBP: DaZeD, AZK, Swag, Skadoodle) has condemned the match fixing and will no longer associate himself with DaZeD, AZK and Swag.

Skadoodle, the best AWPer in North America to most, is now a true free agent, disassociated from GX, and is now searching for a new team with Hiko.

Team NetCodeGuides (ex-Mythic: fl0m, Lex, AbE, Anger, Hades) has left the NetCodeGuides organisation as a result of co-owners Foster and DaZeD being involved in the scandal.

The top two in-game-leaders in North America (Steel, IGL for Torqued, and DaZeD, IGL for GX) have been banned indefinitely from all Valve sponsored tournaments, including all future Majors. This should mean that GX will not be attending any future Majors, and Torqued likely won't be either unless they can recruit one more and identify an IGL. I'm not sure if GX and Torqued will be able to attend the upcoming ClutchCon.

We're waiting on CEVO to come out with their statement to see if these players will be banned from even more tournaments.

Time for new teams and new players to rise up

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Time for new teams and new players to rise up

*I've been updating that post a bunch. Check out the last paragraph =]*

Good. No one likes cheater-cheater pumpkin eaters. :angry:

Seems like they are going about it better already.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Valve only sets the prices of the keys to open cases, which has always been 2.49USD (or your regional equivalent). All prices of all skins are set by players in the Steam Market. This is not Valve's fault but the players themselves.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Valve only sets the prices of the keys to open cases, which has always been 2.49USD (or your regional equivalent). All prices of all skins are set by players in the Steam Market. This is not Valve's fault but the players themselves.

Not entirely. Valve does impact the prices of skins heavily by affecting their rarity. But yes of course, better more frequently used guns and better looking skins will cost more, determined by supply and demand in the market.

Not entirely. Valve does impact the prices of skins heavily by affecting their rarity. But yes of course, better more frequently used guns and better looking skins will cost more, determined by supply and demand in the market.

Just look at the whole M4A4 Griffon bullshit, Valve had nothing to do with that, it was the community that put the average price up to $20+ and then a month later down to $1.20. Sure they do some control of the rarity but it is ultimately the playerbase that set and accept the prices.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Just look at the whole M4A4 Griffon bullshit, Valve had nothing to do with that, it was the community that put the average price up to $20+ and then a month later down to $1.20. Sure they do some control of the rarity but it is ultimately the playerbase that set and accept the prices.

Do you mean right after the release of Operation Vanguard and the Vanguard Collection? Because then it's supply and demand, still. Very low supply to begin with, and very high demand to begin with. A more recent example is the Chroma collection. ST FN Grotto Scar20 was initally sold for $25, and almost immediately dropped to less than $10, now being $1.20. The Chroma cases were in short supply right after release, being sold for $40 initially, and quickly dropped to $5, now being $1.50.

Valve plays an important role in the supply. It's both Valve and the community. I'm not really disagreeing with you I guess, just explaining that I mean.

You probably should get acquainted with how the economics of a capitalist market work.

Said players are also banned on ESEA and CEVO, and the player named cud is also banned from a reputable csgo reputation site.

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

You probably should get acquainted with how the economics of a capitalist market work.

No! Knowing multiple ppl that play cs go both for fun and competitvley this is pure bs! I know someone who sold an iten for $500+ which is ridiculous and insane people need to realise valve is just as bs as every other company if not worse!!!

Do you mean right after the release of Operation Vanguard and the Vanguard Collection? Because then it's supply and demand, still. Very low supply to begin with, and very high demand to begin with. A more recent example is the Chroma collection. ST FN Grotto Scar20 was initally sold for $25, and almost immediately dropped to less than $10, now being $1.20. The Chroma cases were in short supply right after release, being sold for $40 initially, and quickly dropped to $5, now being $1.50.

Valve plays an important role in the supply. It's both Valve and the community. I'm not really disagreeing with you I guess, just explaining that I mean.

People suspected the Griffin might go Contraband like the M4A4 Howl did, which stopped the item from dropping making it more rare. Since people thought this, they bought up a bunch of them driving up the price. It turns out it never went contraband and now the price is back where it was.

No! Knowing multiple ppl that play cs go both for fun and competitvley this is pure bs! I know someone who sold an iten for $500+ which is ridiculous and insane people need to realise valve is just as bs as every other company if not worse!!!

You incorrect in your assumption, you clearly do not understand the basics of the free market, supply and demand. I'll try to break down the your example as simply as possible. The reason why the item sold for $500 is because someone was willing to pay $500. If no single person wishes to purchase the item for more than $1, than that item can and only sell for $1. The selling price of an intangible good with no real intrinsic value or cost is dictated by the buyers as it is a value placed on by their wants. So your real problem is with people not Valve, as the individual buyer dictates the value of an individual item.