I will explain you why nvidia lied to you.

zappian

LOL the white knights for Nvidia. Would you guys be happy if you bought a 1TB SSD and you opened the box to find a 900GB SSD with an old Maxtor 100GB 5400RPM drive thrown in for the rest?

Ignore them, they are trying to justify their purchases.

Best to ignore and avoid.

I'd just like to point out the review made by Guru 3D back in September... http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-geforce-gtx-970-strix-review,5.html

NJjhPSB.png

So theres nothing new here; and only some of the reviewer's notes list it as 64 ROPs. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Would everyone calm down I am a 970 owner and I dont care because the card still has 4gb of usable ram and in my testing does not make a difference so who cares. The card is the best performing card in its category people just got freaked out because, Nvidia did something different. 

Yea with a username like that I'm going to take what you just said with a grain of salt. 

(btw the 290x is significantly cheaper in America and is better at 1440p/4k)

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Would everyone calm down I am a 970 owner and I dont care because the card still has 4gb of usable ram and in my testing does not make a difference so who cares. The card is the best performing card in its category people just got freaked out because, Nvidia did something different. 

You confuse the hell out of me. Troll name, post count and the post itself combo. xD

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

I'd just like to point out the review made by Guru 3D back in September... http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-geforce-gtx-970-strix-review,5.html

NJjhPSB.png

Where is the statement from nvidia that the 970 will have a slower 500 MB vram partition in setember?

Where is the statement about the nerfed L2 chace.

Where is the statement from nvidia that the 970 will have a slower 500 MB vram partition in setember?

Where is the statement from AMD saying that their 8 core cpu is more like a 4 core cpu with hyper threading rather than a true octacore. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Where is the statement from AMD saying that their 8 core cpu is more like a 4 core cpu with hyper threading? 

You know i hate AMD cpus and have given them shit all the time on these forums.

When a company fucks up i call them out and so should you.

At leased with AMD FX you know what you are getting.

How about every phone manufacturer -- they all list the capacities at much higher than the actual usable capacities. This is true with HDD/SSD manufacturers, laptop manufacturers, and the list goes on. Theres no shortage of companies pulling shit like this. 

Is it right? No, but does the 970 still have 4gb of usable memory? yes. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

How about every phone manufacturer -- they all list the capacities at much higher than the actual usable capacities. This is true with HDD/SSD manufacturers, laptop manufacturers, and the list goes on. Theres no shortage of companies pulling shit like this. 

Just because others do this we should ignore it?

So your logic is that everyone in siria for example is shooting each other every day,but since its common place and everybody does it we should ignore it.

( bad example i know im sleepy)

It has 4 GB of crippled memory at the end of the day , like the fx 8xxx cpus have eight crippled cores.

Are you seriously OK with what Nvidia has been doing for the past 4 months? Following your train of thoughts, Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot should be excused, just because they did not commit murders themselves.

Yes, I know. I just compared Nvidia to a communist dictator. +.+

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

Are you seriously OK with what Nvidia has been doing for the past 4 months?

Also with phones is allot different because they are subsidized hardcore so most people get them for free. High end GPUs are very expensive and we should not be subsidizing nvidia for broken products.

Are you seriously OK with what Nvidia has been doing for the past 4 months?

I'm not so sure they knew about it. If you know anything about large companies is that they're very segmented and the ones who would actually know that the 970 doesn't have all 64 ROPs wouldn't be dealing with reviewers or marketing and therefore wouldn't even see how the item was being marketed. And to make things worse, even when companies do learn of an issue like this it can take months for them to sort everything out before making a public statement. It's just the way businesses run. 

Am I okay with the world works? No, the world is about as f****d up as it gets. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

LOL the white knights for Nvidia. Would you guys be happy if you bought a 1TB SSD and you opened the box to find a 900GB SSD with an old Maxtor 100GB 5400RPM drive thrown in for the rest?

Perfect metaphor sir.

Have a thumbs up.

I'm not so sure they knew about it. If you know anything about large companies is that they're very segmented and the ones who would actually know that the 970 doesn't have all 64 ROPs wouldn't be dealing with reviewers or marketing and therefore wouldn't even see how the item was being marketed. And to make things worse, even when companies do learn of an issue like this it can take months for them to sort everything out before making a public statement. It's just the way businesses run. 

Am I okay with the world works? No, the world is about as f****d up as it gets. 

Honestly defending nvidia just means you are okay with getting screwed in the ass by them.

You are okay with them slapping you around as they pleased.

Next up nvidia will launch the gtx 990 with two gtx 980 in the PCB , but they will ship just one and claim they messed up the specs.

Honestly defending nvidia just means you are okay with getting screwed in the ass by them.

Next up nvidia will launch the gtx 990 with two gtx 980 in the PCB , but they will ship just one and claim they messed up the specs.

Less defending them and more going after people's own stupidity. Specs are meaningless numbers. They always have been and they always will be, if you're still stupid enough to mindlessly listen to a spec....well, then no one can help you. 

Theres a reason why benchmarks exist. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Less defending them and more going after people's own stupidity. Specs are meaningless numbers. They always have been and they always will be, if you're still stupid enough to mindlessly listen to a spec....well, then no one can help you. 

Theres a reason why benchmarks exist. 

The 970 is prone to VRAM stutter at high resolution because it has 500 mb of donkey speed memory.

Nvidia proved jack shit when they launched their benchmarks without minimum fps that spot the stutter.

Just some damage control that people that dont understand nothing about gpus will eat up.

This is probably bad to say, but to me, this isn't anything. I still love Nvidia more than I should, and it'll take a lot more than a minor PR mixup to make me 'hate them for trying to decieve their customers.'

That's a bit rude, and your last point was a bit of a stretch.

Nvidia isn't a tyrannical company after blood, and because I've never had an issue with their products, I'll forgive them for small things like this, as long as it doesn't happen every day.

That's a bit rude, and your last point was a bit of a stretch.

Nvidia isn't a tyrannical company after blood, and because I've never had an issue with their products, I'll forgive them for small things like this, as long as it doesn't happen every day.

I was using an hyperbole to make my point.

You have your opinion on nvidia , i have mine .

Lets agree to disagree.

The 970 is prone to VRAM stutter at high resolution because it has 500 mb of donkey speed memory.

Nvidia proved jack shit when they launched their benchmarks without minimum fps that spot the stutter.

Just some damage control that people that dont understand nothing about gpus will eat up.

Because you should ever trust a company's own benchmarks. Look up Corsair's RAM benchmarks, 2400mhz ram yields like a 20fps improvement in BF4 over the standard 1600mhz. 

Or how about MPG? Listed MPG is ALWAYS higher than what the car actually gets (and not within margin of error). All companies use incredibly idealistic benchmarks that NEVER occur in the real world or even in normal benchmarks for that matter. This is why LTT/AnandTech/TechPowerUp/etc... exist, otherwise companies could just advertise their own products and their own benchmarks. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was using an hyperbole to make my point.

You have your opinion on nvidia , i have mine .

Lets agree to disagree.

Ok, but let's agree to use proper grammar as well, ok?