I will explain you why nvidia lied to you.

zappian
This is from the pc per article

"You should take two things away from that simple description. First, despite initial reviews and information from NVIDIA, the GTX 970 actually has fewer ROPs and less L2 cache than the GTX 980. NVIDIA says this was an error in the reviewer’s guide and a misunderstanding between the engineering team and the technical PR team on how the architecture itself functioned. That means the GTX 970 has 56 ROPs and 1792 KB of L2 cache compared to 64 ROPs and 2048 KB of L2 cache for the GTX 980. Before people complain about the ROP count difference as a performance bottleneck, keep in mind that the 13 SMMs in the GTX 970 can only output 52 pixels/clock and the seven segments of 8 ROPs each (56 total) can handle 56 pixels/clock. The SMMs are the bottleneck, not the ROPs.”

They told us that the 970 had more ROPS than it has 

What they did to consumers inst excusable and should be frowned upon.

Full article on:

PCPER VIdeo:

Discuss.

They mislead customers, just like intel did back in the day with their Pentium 4 if I recall correctly. Intel offered customers partial money back MANY YEARS later, hopefully it will not take Nvidia that long to do the same. (and they better)

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Interesting point.

was a place holder

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I don't have any performance issues. But i'm very, very mad.

Nvidia fucked with me, I paid for more ROPS, the freaking specs when I bought the card said 64ROPS.

I don't care that the extra ROPS doesn't make a lot of difference, that doesn't change the fact they lied to us.

Months to realize the "mistake"? I don't think so.

I hope that we all 970 users don't get the "meh i don't care" attitude, this isn't a $2 pancake, is a $300+ device. And pretty much everyone before january bought a "64 ROPS, 2048KB L2 cache" 970.

So, Nvidia, give me that, I paid for it (;

I don't have any performance issues. But i'm very, very mad.

Nvidia fucked with me, I paid for more ROPS, the freaking specs when I bought the card said 64ROPS.

I don't care that the extra ROPS doesn't make a lot of difference, that doesn't change the fact they lied to us.

Months to realize the "mistake"? I don't think so.

I hope that we all 970 users don't get the "meh i don't care" attitude, this isn't a $2 pancake, is a $300+ device. And pretty much everyone before january bought a "64 ROPS, 2048KB L2 cache" 970.

So, Nvidia, give me that, I paid for it (;

The performance inst a big issue in my book.

At this point its a moral and judicial problem.

Nvidia made false claims, they can be sued by false advertisement by customers.

The performance inst a big issue in my book.

At this point its a moral and judicial problem.

Nvidia made false claims, they can be sued by false advertisement by customers.

The card has 4GB VRam but the 500mb cluster of ram is piss poor and slow as hell.

The card has 4GB VRam but the 500mb cluster of ram is piss poor and slow as hell.

Im talking about the ROP count which as i mentioned doesnt match the specs at release.

They also removed some l2 memory modules.

You can read the pc per article , it explains better than i can.

Im talking about the ROP count which as i mentioned doesnt match the specs at release.

They also removed some l2 memory modules.

You can read the pc per article , it explains better than i can.

Oh yes with the ROPs issue they definitely flat out lied. This kind of marketing douche baggery does not surprise me coming from nvidia. I wont be supporting nvidia cause of this BS and I don't like Tom Petersen.

Oh yes with the ROPs issue the definitely flat out lied. This kind of marketing douche baggery does not surprise me coming from nvidia. I wont be supporting nvidia cause of this BS and I don't like Tom Petersen.

I will never recommend a nvidia card to anyone untill they rectify this mess.

I have said so in the forums a lot of times.

This is unreal, the way Nvidia is trying to spin the truth. Basically for 4 months, they haven't noticed, that disclosed GPU specs are incorrect and also that their technical PR team failed to grasp the way the memory interface works? How convenient, especially that, in this time, 970 was going against 2 rival Radeon cards.

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

I will never recommend a nvidia card to anyone untill they rectify this mess.

I have said so in the forums a lot of times.

They can't fix a card that is inherently flawed by design.

well they either give everyone a refund or replacements that work as they were marketed. 

Massive card recall or launch a nvidia GTX 970 NON BS edition.

I dont fucking care.

Non BS edition LOL. IMHO the only way nvidia could redeem themselves is if they give all 970 owners a free 980 and nvidia pays the shipping.

Oh how I love sensationalism 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Oh how I love sensationalism 

The only sensational ting is how much nvidia lies to their customers .

Would everyone calm down I am a 970 owner and I dont care because the card still has 4gb of usable ram and in my testing does not make a difference so who cares. The card is the best performing card in its category people just got freaked out because, Nvidia did something different. 

Would everyone calm down I am a 970 owner and I dont care because the card still has 4gb of usable ram and in my testing does not make a difference so who cares. The card is the best performing card in its category people just got freaked out because, Nvidia did something different. 

Its a matter of disclosure.

Nvidia lied to their costumer and were caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

I didnt care if it was 100 mb on VRAm , thats not the point.

Its a moral issue , and a judicial one.

False advertisement is the name of the game here, they faked their specs and the resulting product didnt match them.

The only sensational is how much nvidia lies to their customers .

See the problem is that when the card accesses the 500 meg Vram partition performance tanks.