GTX 960... Should I get It?

BraxtonPC

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Dude you're in denial. The 970 spanks the 290 and walks all over the 290X.

Just so you know. I have a 290X lightning as well as 970's. I speak from experience 

Enter Amd fanboy #2

The only people who care about price/performance are poor people. 

Not everyone has money for three 980s like yourself.

But you have your head up so far up your ass you cant see that.

Elitist douchebag.

"poor people" fucking kevin oleary of LTT forums

Resident nvidia fanboy guys.

Im not saying the 970 isnt a better card but the 290 is 100 bucks cheaper and wins price/performance.

Even a 3 and half year old card - before its overclocked by another 20% - that sells for a couple hundred bucks can keep up with the 970 at times. gotta love the fanboy's that insist a corner-cut graphic card like the 970 is the best. 

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1041?vs=1355

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Even a 3 and half year old card that sells for a couple hundred bucks can keep up with the 970 at times. gotta love the fanboy's that insist a corner-cut graphic card is the best. 

That vlad fella is a moron.

Calling people that buy AMD poor.

Fucking lol , people starving in africa and his standard of who is poor resides on the brand of GPU 

they buy.

I lost all faith in humanity.

Enter Amd fanboy #2

Then don't recommend a 970, recommend a 980. The 970 is faster than a 290X by the slighest of margins, and with the AMD you don't have the stutter issues when you go over 3.5 GB of vram.

Then don't recommend a 970, recommend a 980. The 970 is faster than a 290X by the slighest of margins, and with the AMD you don't have the stutter issues when you go over 3.5 GB of vram.

Snap.

gueel.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Even a 3 and half year old card - before its overclocked by another 20% - that sells for a couple hundred bucks can keep up with the 970 at times. gotta love the fanboy's that insist a corner-cut graphic card like the 970 is the best. 

Because 38% slower is really "Keeping up". 

I dont consider 9-10% slower to be the "Slightest margins". The 290X is SLOWER than a 970 before overclocking. What happens when you crank the 970 up to 1550 core and 8000 mem? Almost all will easily do those speeds. Hell my 3 MSI 970's did 158x BC. 

As for the stutter.. VIDEO PROOF please

I'm super offended by someone who run an I3 :) So you're probably 12 and your parents bought you a prebuilt. Congratulations :)

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

I dont consider 9-10% slower to be the "Slightest margins". The 290X is SLOWER than a 970 before overclocking. What happens when you crank the 970 up to 1550 core and 8000 mem? Almost all will easily do those speeds. Hell my 3 MSI 970's did 158x BC. 

I'm super offended by someone who run an I3 :) So you're probably 12 and your parents bought you a prebuilt. Congratulations :)

Its retards like you that give a bad name to pc gaming.

Im gonna ignore you from now on.

Have a good day sir.

Vitually no perfomance diffence in 1440p or higher : http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_970_Gaming/27.html

As for videos, pcper is gonna do a more in dept test of this issue this week, as will probably others too.

Enter Amd fanboy #2

All this autism, i can't even

Typical nvidia fanboi, do you even hear yourself ? You are ridiculous. Implying you're rich or something ? whoaaa 

Last time i checked your beloved gpu manufacturer lied to you about the 970's "performance", you are also comparing a previous gen 290 with a 970 that came yesterday. Come back when the 380x/390x launches, you will make more sense.

Also, maed this for you and people like you

ev2q9e.jpg

This is way too embarassing, you don't even make sense.

Do a 360 & walk away.

Currently the best bang for your buck would be the R9 290. It offers much better performance when compared to the 970. Actually, it is comparable to the 970. The 960 is at least $200, while some R9 290s are retailing for $250. If you can get the extra 50 bucks, I am pretty sure you will be pretty pleased with this card. I know it might not be as power efficient as the 960, and if you use the reference cooler the card hits 95 degrees, but if you buy an aftermarket one you will get MUCH better cooling. While the 960 is aimed at 1080p ( and it is not like it will max out every game and run 60+ fps ), the R9 290 can even handle greater resolutions such as 1440p and even some 4k gaming. You should really consider it.

280x or shell out the scratch for a 970.

960 looks like a joke to me.

This. The 960 at it's current pricing seems out of place. If anything wait and see if a 960ti arrives that at least boosts performance.

I am building a gaming pc and I have so far acquired a rosewill thor v2 case and an msi gaming 3 mobo. I have around 730$ for the rest and I was considering the gtx 960. Also 8gb gskill 1600mhz, 750 80+ gold rosewill psu, i5 4690k, 1tb hdd, hyper 212 evo.

Try saving up a little bit more for a r9 290

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)