Will VRAM-gate hurt Nvidia?

maizenblue

WTF is a Vram gate LOL. Also ya nvidia are scum bags and Tom Perterson is a retard !

Yes they ran hot but worked as intended.

Yes replacing the cooler costs $, but more importantly it solves the issue.

Why are you so butthurt?

I am not I couldn´t care less TBH. But in the real world how many people that buy a pre built PC would dare to change a cooler or do even know about how to do that? Just read for 1 day threads here in the GPU and CPU sub forums...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I hope it hurts them badly, but realistically it won't.

It will hurt there brand image for some time ahead and only extreme nvidiots like Tom Petersen will back them up.

Even if there was an actual problem, bigger than this, it probably still wouldn't hurt nvidias business much.

Vramgate, tonight at 10 on FOX.

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

Why the hell are controversies called ___gate.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

Why the hell are controversies called ___gate.

Because people look for exciting news and want to stress out how important such unimportant things are.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

No. Wont hurt them in the long run. Every company had issues like this. Its not something unusual. And fanboys will always defend their idol, you should have seen Intel fanboys when Intel had similar issues. They will take a small dive in stocks, probably decrease in sales, and eventually will have to spend money to keep people pleased. They will lose some customers. If AMD plays their cards right - which I am almost sure they wont, because AMD, they might lose some sizeable market share, but nothing too drastic. But that wont happen because , well, its AMD. They had so many opportunities to inflict pain on nVidia that they gloriously missed, I am starting to think they like the "underdog" reputation lol.

STOP ADDING GATE TO EVERYTHING! My god this is so annoying.

Annoy-gate. GG!

In reality probably not. This is all going to be forgotten when Nvidia releases their next flashy graphics card.

Oh good god, not being able to use half a gig at 1080p /s

Look at the 480. That thing left burn marks. Literally. 

DSR 4k not 1080p anymore,

Triple 1080p can use 4gb memory.

i don't know how much the performance drop when acessing the 0.5gb, if it's small... w/e.

I hope this does hurt Nvidia some.

A drop in sales should cause Nvidia to work harder to make a better product.

Sometimes you need someone/thing to screw up before things will get better.

vramgate hahahahahaha holy kek

Jesus this is getting out of hand

STOP ADDING GATE TO EVERYTHING! My god this is so annoying.

I really don't care that you hate it.  I am sorry but I will not deal with companies or sports franchises cheating/cheating people.  Spy Gate, Inflate Gate, VRAM Gate .... uh how about we worry about what is happening with society vs what we call the the things we are angry about and should be angry about?  Ok?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

As for this hurting Nvidia it seems in society we have low standards, low morals and more and don't care that we are ruining our quality of life for everyone by accepting certain things that go on without dishing out real punishment or say making a company like Nvidia or Ubisoft really hurt when they do wrong by us.  Sad world we live in.  Humanity is an utter piece of crap that has no intention of making things better across the board unless there is some sort of profit in it for them.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

As for this hurting Nvidia it seems in society we have low standards, low morals and more and don't care that we are ruining our quality of life for everyone by accepting certain things that go on without dishing out real punishment or say making a company like Nvidia or Ubisoft really hurt when they do wrong by us.  Sad world we live in.  Humanity is an utter piece of crap that has no intention of making things better across the board unless there is some sort of profit in it for them.

Yeah i lost all faith in humanity when morons on this forum defend nvidia just to justify their 970 purchases.

A company lies to you , disrespects your time and money ,spits on your face and you try to defend them?

Thats Stockholm syndrome.

I really don't care that you hate it.  I am sorry but I will not deal with companies or sports franchises cheating/cheating people.  Spy Gate, Inflate Gate, VRAM Gate .... uh how about we worry about what is happening with society vs what we call the the things we are angry about and should be angry about?  Ok?

Stop adding stupid GATE to it that has no sense what so ever. There are many ways to go after a company other than spamming #VRAMGATE like a 13 year old girl that just discovered social networking.

Contact them, write emails, even massive lawsuits can be effective because it is false advertising/selling defective products, spam their FB page or whatever.

This naming scheme needs to change. What happens when we find massive problems with gates? Is it going to be #GATEGATE?

Of course it will hurt nvidia, just not hurt enough since the fanboys are out in force trying to damage control with saying this is no real issue and all the other lousy explanation they can muster.

i will sure as hell will look at nvidia with more suspicion after this scheme.

The 290x problem was at least fixable, and known from the start. 

Tell that to pages and pages of 290 owners across multiple forums who still have the same issues......

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

they LIE to their "customers" in their FACE with all this 3.5 GB crap

soo... yea...