Air series SP120 Quiet

mRKuolematon

Yes, they are impossible

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

you have to hold the rubber with your other hand, otherwise you're going to tear it

Is there anything to do about it? Or an easier way of getting them out? As it seems now, they are impossible to get out...

I tried holding them but I think I screwed them down a little too tight and can't really hold the rubber as it's small and I don't have small fingers :P.

Try taking your case apart as much as you can so your fingers can fit in the space

also unscrew the fans you can reach with your fingers and try to make your case as roomy as possible so you have some space to work

Ripped the corner off a SP120 PE.

You really have to hold one end of the rubber and go slow. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Anybody else had problems with unscrewing these?

http://www.corsair.com/en/air-series-sp120-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

Because when I try to unscrew them, the rubber moves with the screw eventually tearing up the rubber.... :/

You need to cut the threads slowing in those fans by screwing it in and backing out every so often to let it bite in.

I have one of these & recently had to move it in my case. The two screws closest to me were easy to get it, you just have to keep pressure on the fan opposite the screw. Back two screws were tougher, as I had to get at them from an angle, but that's a case issue, not with the fan.

All in all, I really didn't have an issue.

I did use a power drill with Philips adapter though... :P