Motherboard lights are still on while system is powered off

here is a pic of my motherboard while my system is off. the SupremeFX audio LED and start button light is still on.
is this normal? is my pc getting more power than it should?

specs:
i5 4690k
corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1866 ddr3 ram
asus maximus VII Ranger mobo
seasonic 750w m12ii evo psu
no gpu yet.

post-75012-0-44236600-1422270240_thumb.j

Yes thats normal. My maximus 7 Hero does that to on the supreme fx and the chipset cooler

that is standby mode

if you turn off from the wall socket

you wont see any light

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It's an extremely low-power state in which literally everything except those lights is turned off. It signals that power is actually getting to the motherboard. My graphics cards has a couple of small LEDs next to each power connector that stay lit even when off.

thanks for the reply guys, got me scared for a moment

while the other lights are normal, i'm not sure the LED Line is; try updating your BIOS.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

here is a pic of my motherboard while my system is off. the SupremeFX audio LED and start button light is still on.

is this normal? is my pc getting more power than it should?

specs:

i5 4690k

corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1866 ddr3 ram

asus maximus VII Ranger mobo

seasonic 750w m12ii evo psu

no gpu yet.

attachicon.gifDSC_02011.JPG

on your mobo does only the line on the left of your mobo along with the 'sound fx' letter light up? I saw pictures with the ROG logo lighting up

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same motherboard. Is there any way to configure these lights to be off in standby mode? I don't want to have to turn it off by the mains every time.

you can turn it off in the BIOS setting, ROG LED option I think. 

CPU:FX-9590  MOBO:Crosshair V Formula Z GPU:780 Ti 3-way SLI   PSU:Corsair AX1200i   RAM:HyperX Fury