Australian man fined for illegal drone flight because he uploads flight clip to YouTube

ahhming

IN THE CITY OF TOWNSVILLE

A PLEASANT PLACE TO LIVE

UNLESS YOU LIKE FLYING DRONES!

i hope at least 1 person gets the joke ;_:

Somewhat related: my grandma drove about 3k over the speed limit, they placed the speed camera on a steep hill so when you go down, your car would go faster thus setting it off.

She got over 8 fines, all in a "Rundle Mall" envelope...a mall over an hour away from us and that she has never been to in her life. she just threw them out thinking they were vouchers, only to be pulled over a few months down and arrested because they suspended her license. We did appeal and she was at least allowed to drive again, she still had to pay the fine.

Well, not to say that your Grandma is a bad driver or anything, but you ARE still supposed to control your speed when you go down a hill... Cars have a brake pedal - this is one of those times she should have used it :P

Also, you're telling me that the municipal government (Or whatever, local, state, whoever gave the fines) sent her the fines in an envelope from a mall? They didn't have a return address on them or state they were from the traffic authority? Seems highly suspicious. If this was true, you should have filed a complaint and even could have taken them to small claims court, on the account of the duress she was put through by having the car wrongfully suspended (Even though it was still technically her fault).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well, not to say that your Grandma is a bad driver or anything, but you ARE still supposed to control your speed when you go down a hill... Cars have a brake pedal - this is one of those times she should have used it :P

Also, you're telling me that the municipal government (Or whatever, local, state, whoever gave the fines) sent her the fines in an envelope from a mall? They didn't have a return address on them or state they were from the traffic authority? Seems highly suspicious. If this was true, you should have filed a complaint and even could have taken them to small claims court, on the account of the duress she was put through by having the car wrongfully suspended (Even though it was still technically her fault).

Fair enough lol, I'm not complaining about that as much as I am that she got her fines in a mall envelope. They didn't say anything apart from a rundle mall logo, so we just threw them out.

We did complain, and she only had to pay the fine for speeding and she got her license back.

Our government and councils do this a lot with many things, they try to get as much revenue from as many shady ways as possible. Don't fault them in particular, everyone probably does it lol

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Could someone actually explain that to me? Does Aus really have that bad of a boarder problem to enlist US boarder drones?

I was pretty sure Auss was on it's own continent that it shared with, you know, itself?

It's a very controversial topic so I'll just keep it simple:

Australia resettles the 3rd most refugees per head of population, we only have 23M Citizens, So even though we only resettle something like 1% of the worlds refugees, we are pushing the limits of our economy to sustain it (each refugee can cost upto $500,000).

We cannot just let people come to Australia without being processed (I.E get an identity and become a citizen), in order to do that all the waters of north and west Australia need to be monitored.  This is a very expensive task.  We have limited Navy and coast guard.

The drones would cost $3B or there abouts,  The Australian navy can apparently do 80% of the work of one drone for 1/10th the cost.  So the debate goes on.

Water doesn't actually make the borders any easier to watch/protect/maintain/etc.

In short:  small population, limited resources, large land and sea area to patrol, all options need to be considered. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.