Australian man fined for illegal drone flight because he uploads flight clip to YouTube

ahhming

Not going to lie.. I read the thread title as "illegal drone fight" and got super excited

Now you're super duper dissapointed. :D LOL

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Hang on, just looking at the original post, they expect drones to be up high enough if over a populated area, that they will fall out side said populated area if anything fails? How the hell is that supposed to happen unless you live right on the edge of town?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

haha kay. U can do what ever you want mate.

Just messing with you (hence the :P JK). :D

Just messing with you (hence the :P JK). :D

I knew it. xD hahaha 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Hang on, just looking at the original post, they expect drones to be up high enough if over a populated area, that they will fall out side said populated area if anything fails? How the hell is that supposed to happen unless you live right on the edge of town?

no, the opposite, they expect drones to fly lower than 400feet and not above populated areas, ergo you are not allowed to fly it over other people.  Also if you fly it it must not go so high that a failure will result in parts landing outside the area you are flying it in.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

OT: Look at your post count > 1,444 <. That be a lot of fours. Haha

@

I knew it. xD hahaha

Of. Course. You. Did. :D

Of. Course. You. Did. :D

:D 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

:D

Do you think the OP minds us derailing his thread? :D LOL

Do you think the OP minds us derailing his thread? :D LOL

Do you think? xD

This is kind of ridiculous, if you ask me. :huh:

I fly my TARDIS over that same area frequently and I've had no fines issued. :P JK

The rules may be a little overbearing to some people, but they are in the interest of safety of all aircraft (not drones). I don't know the actual circumstances but considering he violated airspace multiple times he's lucky to only get 1 fine.

Omg assholes apls. The man is just having fun. 

It's dangerous, pilots have to put up with birds and now they have to look out for drones... I don't normally like CASA, but this time they were very reasonable only fining him once.

Could someone actually explain that to me? Does Aus really have that bad of a boarder problem to enlist US boarder drones?

I was pretty sure Auss was on it's own continent that it shared with, you know, itself?

Yep it sure is on it's own continent, and we try to patrol it with a navy much, much smaller than the US coastguard alone (it's over 5x larger)  :P

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

The rules may be a little overbearing to some people, but they are in the interest of safety of all aircraft (not drones). I don't know the actual circumstances but considering he violated airspace multiple times he's lucky to only get 1 fine.

It's dangerous, pilots have to put up with birds and now they have to look out for drones... I don't normally like CASA, but this time they were very reasonable only fining him once.

Yep it sure is on it's own continent, and we try to patrol it with a navy much, much smaller than the US coastguard alone (it's over 5x larger)  :P

I know its dangerous. A bird can do a huge amount of damage to a air vehicle. 

Fancy Aeroplane shredded bird for lunch? :P

Fancy Aeroplane shredded bird for lunch? :P

Nom nom nom nom Plane: "That was tasty i want more."

IIRC a birdt would just turn to shred but if there's a lot of them then it becomes a problem.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

You have a point there sir that I see very clearly and agree with. Well said! :)

IIRC a birdt would just turn to shred but if there's a lot of them then it becomes a problem.

Only one way to solve this problem. Hunting time. 

Nom nom nom nom Plane: "That was tasty I want more."

Okay, one plane shredded seagull coming up. :D LOL

Only one way to solve this problem. Hunting time.

Nah, just get all the kitties on to them. :D LOL

Okay, one plane shredded seagull coming up. :D LOL

xD apls

Nah, just get all the kitties on to them. :D LOL

Kittens in formation. Ccccchhhhhhaaargeeeee 

OT: Look at your post count > 1,444 <. That be a lot of fours. Haha

@

Lol, I didn't even know I'd done that many posts, the last time I checked it was 287 :P

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Lol, I didn't even know I'd done that many posts, the last time I checked it was 287 :P

Spammer! —joking— :P

That's why to keep the skies just that little bit safer planes fly above 500', drones below 400' and outside of the boundaries of an airfield where planes do come lower than that 500'.

Not necessarily, a pelican/ibis/eagle or other large birds could cause a lot of damage to aircraft of all sizes, even a bird as small as a seagull can be a problem. Don't forget the rules are in place for passenger aircraft and light aircraft.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

*Government does something* "It's for public safety!"

*"Citizen" does the same relatively harmless thing*

*Government response* "FINE HIM!"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs