Intel, Microsoft, Autodesk Creating Life

Opcode

Source

Using the principles of synthetic biology -- which were only discovered in the 20th century -- Microbial Robotics enables, engineers to mimic natural selection, programming living organisms in a matter of months that takes eons to do in nature. Eventually, it will enable engineers to create living organisms from scratch -- simple organic chemicals -- but for now Microbial Robotics uses existing bacteria and viruses, then inserts their own DNA so that they perform new tasks including clean water, reduce disease, produce non-polluting fuels, create therapeutics and develop new materials.

rcj_Microbial-Robotics_VirtuBot.png

Holy shit this is cool

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Let's use it as a game to create a bunch of diseases on a map of the Earth, letting everything slowly get infected and die.

-snip-

I was going to add "Skynet is nothing compared to this" to the OP but meh...  ^_^

Lol bacteria are probably already preparing for an uprising xD. On a serious note, THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I was going to add "Skynet is nothing compared to this" to the OP but meh...  ^_^

Skynet wouldn't be as fun.

Skynet wouldn't be as fun.

Unless it's Skynet itself that leverages this technology to create an incurable super virus to wipe out the human race...

dM52Rv9.jpg

Unless it's Skynet itself that leverages this technology to create an incurable super virus to wipe out the human race...

Imagine if it had a sense of humor with the viruses.

Let's use it as a game to create a bunch of diseases on a map of the Earth, letting everything slowly get infected and die.

Plague Inc on steam.

Imagine if it had a sense of humor with the viruses.

Like stages that the human body goes through during manifestation? Like stage 1 would be uncontrollable bowel movements.

Like stages that the human body goes through during manifestation? Like stage 1 would be uncontrollable bowel movements.

Exactly.

Exactly.

How embarrassing would it be to die with an erection and shit all over the back of your pants.

How embarrassing would it be to die with an erection and shit all over the back of your pants.

Not as embarrassing as having an erection on your forehead like you're a unicorn.

Not as embarrassing as having an erection on your forehead like you're a unicorn.

Seems like they could make it work...

hqdefault.jpg

Seems like they could make it work...

-snips-

Tombstone could read "unihorny."

come on when will the zombie apocalypse start its taking forever

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Oh why do I fear this scientific discovery/advancement will most likely be used against us or misused?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

We are doomed.

It should be AMD, Linux and Blender.

j/k

yeah I think there was a Futurama episode on this. It won't end well.

So, Manny I hear your getting your makeover soon? like tomorrow, excited?

Talk about giving head.

Anyway, so... Cool I suppose. Not sure how I feel about micro robots getting into my water or my body, but cool.

Glad Google isn't on this or else we are doomed for sure. Imagine Google controlling the diseases you might get  -_-

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

dM52Rv9.jpg

Biological seen not possible, viruses/bacetria always need certains combined to be harmfull, leave one out renders it harmless, adding one can do the same if it intervenes with one of the other genes.

Example:

A virus that creates peneseline(anti bioticum) cant produce it without the ressotant gen against it, but its not possible for it to have genes if im not mistaken. It's always one or the other.

Ontopic:

This kinda reminds me of the plague inc game(steam and phone) im wondering what kind of developments they get out of this in the biotechnological field, should be interesting.

(Biomech's? Borg?)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.