Curious as to which card to purchase

riixupvp

970 FTW. If not, R9 290x. $300 only (Newegg US)

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

I'll say the same thing I just told someone else.

People not being upset about shit like this is the reason companies do this to the consumer. It tells Nvidia "oh, these idiots aren't mad that we lied to them? Okay, cool, we'll do it again in a few years." It goes to show how completely idiotic and careless today's consumer is.

I bought mine about a month ago and they both run well, but we'll see how well they run when I have higher resolutions hooked up to them.

You will be pissed the first time the card goes above the 3.5 gimped limit.

Hey guys, I'm Joseph. Just a bit curious as to which card to purchase out there right now, I have a 1080p display and play titles such as, WoW, minecraft, war thunder, garry's mod, shadow of mordor, battlefield 4 and some racing titles. I want above 60 fps so my gameplay is smooth. I have everything but the GPU currently and my budget is $422.73, I would not like to spend all of that necessarily, but if pointed towards a card I must buy I could justify it, thanks for reading this and helping out. (also amd or nvidia I don't mind which) Have a good day

Go for a r9 290/290x

The vram will help you alot trust me ^^

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Hey there, welcome to the forums :)

Id say to go with an amd solution,at the moment it's the most sensitive upgrade path. Like others have said :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Hey there, welcome to the forums :)

Id say to go with an amd solution,at the moment it's the most sensitive upgrade path. Like others have said :)

yes i agree.

OFFTOPIC: What do you think about my profile picture dude ? xD

yes i agree.

OFFTOPIC: What do you think about my profile picture dude ? xD

AMD mustard race and all that (i kid, i kid)

Hahah thanks for letting me know that you got it working! :D I hadn't looked, and i have to say, it's pretty ballin' :P

Who doesnt want a candykane-totting, fedora-wearing Linus floating around the forums ;P lol 

AMD mustard race and all that (i kid, i kid)

Hahah thanks for letting me know that you got it working! :D I hadn't looked, and i have to say, it's pretty ballin' :P

Who doesnt want a candykane-totting, fedora-wearing Linus floating around the forums ;P lol 

I still need to touch up the candy cane so it fits better into his hands but for a profile picture it works.

I still need to touch up the candy cane so it fits better into his hands but for a profile picture it works.

Ahh like you say it works as a profile pic ;)