Fans in the s340

partick.lii

Hey guys!

Recently, I decided to pull the trigger and buy the Corsair SP120. Been eyeing it for awhile, and now I have it. The problem is, I don't know if i want to put it on my CPU cooler. There is already a fan there, and I don't know what i will do with it after I replace it with the Corsair fan, because I dont think I can put it somewhere else in my case. By the way, I have the hyper 212 evo. The fan is like bolted to the mounting hardware...

So I kinda want to leave the fan on there until i decide to buy another aftermarket fan, probably the SP120. Where should I put my SP120 I have now? I have the NZXT s340. Should I just ditch the stock fan? 

Clearly, I didn't think this one through... Was picking the SP120 a good choice, anyway? Should I just sell it and get another fan? 

So many questions... 

Last one, I am wondering what would be an optimal fan setup in my case, the s340... eg. what fans, the size the rpms etc.

Finally, I'm done rambling. Thanks in advance guys!

Are you not satisfied with your current cooling?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Are you not satisfied with your current cooling?

I'm just running stock everything... stock heatsink fans, stock case fans... And I don't like the look of the 212 evo fan.

Nzxt includes nice fans, why would you want to replace them? Also you aren't going to get better air cooling performance unless you payed allot more than 30$ for the hyper212..... I think you're just underestimating your rig.

Nzxt includes nice fans, why would you want to replace them? Also you aren't going to get better air cooling performance unless you payed allot more than 30$ for the hyper212..... I think you're just underestimating your rig.

The thing is, I already got my new fan, so I can't just leave it lying around. Should I put it somewhere else in my case, or just stick it on my cooler?

The thing is, I already got my new fan, so I can't just leave it lying around. Should I put it somewhere else in my case, or just stick it on my cooler?

Just stick it on the 212 Evo if you don't like the stock fan.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.