synthetic benchmark shows Spartan to be on par with Chrome *sort of

ahhming

Now it just increases the polling count per second (using more cycles) instead of an artificial overclock.

I went through some code to see what was actually changed. It appears that Chromium still sets tick rate to 1 ms instead of the Windows base tick rate of 15.6 ms. There's necessarily no negatives here other than slightly higher power consumption which got attention for mobile units with on_power_battery in CM38.

I went through some code to see what was actually changed. It appears that Chromium still sets tick rate to 1 ms instead of the Windows base tick rate of 15.6 ms. There's necessarily no negatives here other than slightly higher power consumption which got attention for mobile units with on_power_battery in CM38.

Yeah setting the tick rate to 1ms was intended. What was not intended was to set it at 1ms when on battery power.

Now it just increases the polling count per second (using more cycles) instead of an artificial overclock.

[Citation Needed] on it overclocking the computer. What I heard was just that it changed the tick rate.

Yeah setting the tick rate to 1ms was intended. What was not intended was to set it at 1ms when on battery power.

[Citation Needed] on it overclocking the computer. What I heard was just that it changed the tick rate.

Correction: not overclock, just maxing the clock rate out for a trivial task.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Correction: not overclock, just maxing the clock rate out for a trivial task.

Browsers alter tick rates depending on the content at hand. The problem here is Chromium not kicking down tick rates to the default interval when the performance is not needed. For desktop users it's good that Chromium runs on a 1 ms tick rate interval to squeeze out extra performance. Tho it was an issue when it came to battery life which got a patch in revision 284599 that helps improve battery life by 7.4%.

Browsers alter tick rates depending on the content at hand. The problem here is Chromium not kicking down tick rates to the default interval when the performance is not needed. For desktop users it's good that Chromium runs on a 1 ms tick rate interval to squeeze out extra performance. Tho it was an issue when it came to battery life which got a patch in revision 284599 that helps improve battery life by 7.4%.

I know about that, but it's a separate issue from maxing out the clock. At 1GHz you can have a < 1ms tick.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Well, we'll see final version, hope it can be great.I personally use Opera.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

The Plex player in chrome doesn't work that well for me. When I skip, it takes longer to restart and the audio often get out of sync. With IE it's flawless. Maybe I'll switch to Spartan but meanwhile, IE's just too ugly. 

I'm glad to see theses numbers. Competition is good and maybe that people will be more willing to try it. There's just too much praise about Chrome. It's been a while since I've seen any progress on it. But for most people, Google is like GabeN or something...