synthetic benchmark shows Spartan to be on par with Chrome *sort of

ahhming

I3IzxCN.png

With the release of build 9926 of Windows 10, anandtech are benchmarking it and surprisingly it perform better than chrome and up to 81.8% improvement over previous build of IE.

IE was well optimized for Sunspider already, so there is not much of a change there. Google Octane 2.0 however has always been terrible in IE, and now it comes in roughly the same as Chrome, for a massive 81.8% increase over the old rendering engine. Kraken continues this with a 45% jump in performance. It is a big change, and a welcome one too.

note that this is still pre-release software , so there are definitely room for improvement. 

Spartan should have good performance when it is eventually previewed, and hopefully the standards support will increase as well. Since it will be updated through the Windows Store, the old way of updating Internet Explorer with new Operating System releases should also disappear, allowing Microsoft to ramp up the updates to the new browser.

will you give spartan a chance ?

source:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8932/internet-explorer-project-spartan-shows-large-performance-gains?

I'd just like to know why google chrome locks up for 5 seconds when I open it and start typing something in.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

and chrome still seems to be better on most of the tests

maybe and maybe not. Because of how deeply in I am in using chrome. It's going to be hard to just change to another browser. Will give it a chance when it comes out though, so there's that.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I'll try it, but I'll still most likely stick to chrome

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Chrome is pretty bad on my surface pro 2.

Randomly starts using 25% CPU usage for no reason. Hopefully the new IE is good.

blackshades on

On all but one test, chrome only hogs memory, other then that it's pretty good

Look at the HTML5Test scores, that is (imo) the important one, it is the most "realistic one". Chrome still beats the crap out of it. I use chrome due to the inclusion of so many different sevices that many other browsers don't, (flashplayer, cloud bookmarks, favourites, history, etc). If your PC can handle the ram usage this involves, chrome will be my choice until something better comes.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

As to if I try it depends on how well everything syncs between systems. And by systems, I mean Android as well. A good chunk of my web browsing is from my phone, so it'd be much more convenient for me if everything stayed together.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

everyone gives chrome crap for sucking up resources, but I believe thats why it runs the best. 

"oh no why does the sports car use more fuel?"

oh no why do I need high end graphics to run the games the best. it makes sense. throw power at the problem until it goes away

I3IzxCN.png

With the release of build 9926 of Windows 10, anandtech are benchmarking it and surprisingly it perform better than chrome and up to 81.8% improvement over previous build of IE.

note that this is still pre-release software , so there are definitely room for improvement.

will you give spartan a chance ?

source:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8932/internet-explorer-project-spartan-shows-large-performance-gains?

Actually, if you read it you would know that its NOT THE SPARTAN BROWSER but it's actually parts of the rendering engine enabled in IE that will be in the Spartan Browser.

I really hope Spartan is good. At the moment I pretty much float between Firefox and Chrome, depending on which I'm having the least issues with at the time.

I'd just like to know why google chrome locks up for 5 seconds when I open it and start typing something in.

Try using an SSD and install more ram/ remove background apps.

Shitloads of plugins or very high usage plugs do it aswell.

Or try installing Chrome 64 bit

Also recommend using a RAMdisk for Chrome caching or a high speed USB 3.0 drive if you dont have ab SSD.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

No. Could be the fastest browser available. If it looks like shtako and acts like shtako, I ain't switching.

That simple.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Is it installed on your SSD?

Have you tried reinstalling Chrome?

Have you tried reinstalling Windows?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I wouldn't be surprised if Spartan is based on WebKit. Rumors even suggest that Chrome extensions will work with Spartan.

Not sure about that graph my octane 2.0 score 32097 with chrome 41 beta with my signature pc/sunspider 143ms, and i dont think that old i7 860 is half as weak as my i5.Not sure at all what to say about this comparison.

Unless im at the wrong place?

Guess its the cpu ahitecture and not the browser? in that case you are much better off upgrading from that 1st gen i7 to lastest gen i5 since the benefit is double while browser change bring <10% improvements.

Someone tell me im wrong lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spartan is based on WebKit. Rumors even suggest that Chrome extensions will work with Spartan.

all the reported leaks points that they are using a fork of trident that better optimized and doesn't have any of the legacy stuff that makes it slow down 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Definitely going to try Spartan, if nothing else than to see if it's better than the currently available browsers. Honestly, Firefox and Chrome has been shit lately, crashing, slow, input delay, YouTube problems all the time. I use primarily Opera at the moment, as it's the only browser I've found so far that's actually stable for the most part.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Defenitly worth the try if it's true, because let's not forget that chrome increases the ticks of your CPU to get more performance.

But until then firefox is my way.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

No. Could be the fastest browser available. If it looks like shtako and acts like shtako, I ain't switching.

That simple.

I think the GUI they showed at the keynotes looked just fine. I am more worried about the (still) bad standard support, closed source and lack of extensions.

Every since the release of Firefox 4 and IE 9 I haven't really cared about browser benchmarks. Back then there was a noticeable difference in performance but these days performance is good enough on all of them. The performance difference people notice is often because of things like preloaded webpages or just placebo. Higher performance is always better though so it's nice to see that the new IE will perform even better than the last one.

I will try it out but I don't think I will use it as my main browser.

Chrome doesn't do such a thing. It did a long time ago but not anymore.

Now it just increases the polling count per second (using more cycles) instead of an artificial overclock.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd