Node - 3D Printed Case

Sorry for the late reply, been a bit crazy these past few days.  Im using solidworks as my modeling software.  As far as sharing the modeling files, that will depend on a number of things, if there is enough interest, I might made these as custom cases for indivduals who can afford them.  We will see in the coming months as this project progresses.

Well whatever you decide, I'm excited to see how this project turns out. I'm trying to build a custom ATX case so this one is too small to fit my current needs; but I really envy your design! It's a beautiful case.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Sorry for the late reply, been a bit crazy these past few days.  Im using solidworks as my modeling software.  As far as sharing the modeling files, that will depend on a number of things, if there is enough interest, I might made these as custom cases for indivduals who can afford them.  We will see in the coming months as this project progresses.

a lot of people asked for a handle, if you could build a handle strong enough to hold a whole rig, and if you could alter the size to fit someones specific needs,(thinner for small graphics cards, ect) would honestly consider buying one.

added bonus If it you could make it stackable to hold a hard drive compartment, or watercooling

Handle?

...Handle. :)

I thought about it, maybe in a future version, but for this version a handle is out of the question.  Once a completed system is built into the case I can get a feel for how much this is going to weigh.  From there I can design handles that will be able to approriately "handle" the weight.

How much does it cost to print one of these approximately?

Sadly, it's not cheap, current estimates are looking to be around $1k.

I thought about it, maybe in a future version, but for this version a handle is out of the question.  Once a completed system is built into the case I can get a feel for how much this is going to weigh.  From there I can design handles that will be able to approriately "handle" the weight.

Sadly, it's not cheap, current estimates are looking to be around $1k.

Wow, why so much? 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

3D Printing is not cheap, plus these are large volume parts, even when they are hallowed out.  12 parts total, it starts to add up.  The whole case meausures 15" L x 15.5" T x 9" W.

Wouldn't it be cheaper if you laser cut some larger flatter parts and 3D printed the rest? 

Wouldn't it be cheaper if you laser cut some larger flatter parts and 3D printed the rest? 

I probably should have been more clear on this.  The majority of the case will be 3D printed.  But some of the larger pieces, like motherboard tray, side panels, etc. are going to either be metal or acrylic/plexi.

To give you an idea, the parts in blue will all be 3D printed, the rest will be made with more conventional methods.

EDIT: I updated the first description in the hope that it will lead to less confustion.

J03Abbs.jpg

So a quick update for everyone, I have finished making the tweaks to the printed parts and they are off to the printer now, the metal work should start Monday as well.  In the mean time I have started work on the parts that I will be putting into the case itself.  I plan on using an Asus Z97I-Plus for this build, but with some minor tweaks.  Instead of the gold heatsink, I want to paint the gold parts white and place my logo on the southbridge heatsink.

cx1gu2j.jpg

Neat, i like the idea of the white

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

So a quick update for everyone, I have finished making the tweaks to the printed parts and they are off to the printer now, the metal work should start Monday as well.  In the mean time I have started work on the parts that I will be putting into the case itself.  I plan on using an Asus Z97I-Plus for this build, but with some minor tweaks.  Instead of the gold heatsink, I want to paint the gold parts white and place my logo on the southbridge heatsink.

- cool af -

That Idea sounds really cool, can't wait to see it done. :D

2a.First Set of Parts Arrive

Hi everyone.

Got a small update to post tonight.   I was able to get my hands on a number of the parts I plan on using in this build, however, I still do not have ALL the parts, I'm still missing the SSDs and any water cooling parts as well.  I should have those in the next few weeks if all goes well.  For now, here's what I picked up.

CPU - Intel i7-4790K

z6FkFJe.jpg

G9JAzbc.jpg

JELr2rY.jpg

GPU - EVGA GTX 970 Superclock

KP7MQPo.jpg

vi6NcpA.jpg

FrA5ZwH.jpg

mpDlbMm.jpg

Motherboard - ASUS Z97I-Plus

nCHSCMA.jpg

JX8cmXG.jpg

SnlJXuN.jpg

PSU - SilverStone SX600-G

8zGUAtT.jpg

vVu3FOY.jpg

xP2qzpF.jpg

RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum - 8GB - 2133Mhz

H5cyAE6.jpg

7A8FZUt.jpg

Sruxmz8.jpg

SKCXUnn.jpg

64CZhqt.jpg

Thats all for now, stay tuned for more!

4970k check
Z97i-PLus check
Dom Plats check

SX600-G check

ha its like we've copied pasted out components :) brilliant minds work alike eh?

I was actually about to paint my heatsinks white also... uncanny...

Should get this moved to the build logs sections 

SOLID neon yellow?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

4970k check

Z97i-PLus check

Dom Plats check

SX600-G check

ha its like we've copied pasted out components :) brilliant minds work alike eh?

I was actually about to paint my heatsinks white also... uncanny...

Should get this moved to the build logs sections 

Just a tab bit uncanny I will agree.  Haha.

And how do I get this moved to the correct forum?

Just a tab bit uncanny I will agree.  Haha.

And how do I get this moved to the correct forum?

Ask a mod

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

If you sold this case online, like custom cases, people would probably pay mega money because it looks like a beast...

If you sold this case online, like custom cases, people would probably pay mega money because it looks like a beast...

I have been looking into it in my spare time.  I have been getting rough quotes from a few places, however, all of them are quiet high...so right now it's not something I'm focused on until the final build is finished. 

For those wonder/looking for an update on the status of this project, here is a quick overview of whats going on.

• In the process of getting all the required pieces for the case setup to print and for the paneling to get laser cut.
  • Purchasing the last few pieces of hardware to put a working system together
  • Modding current
  • Photographing/Filming these processes and putting together my 2nd update video

All of these combined will take a few weeks to finish, but I will be sure to post sporadic updates as they come in, look for a new video in 2-3 weeks, if not soon.  It wil feature all the completed hardware.

Break down of the next few videos:

1. Intro Video (Completed)
  2. Hardware Spotlight Video (In Progress)
  3. Case Spotlight Video (In the Works)
  4. Finished Project Video (In the works)