Best Case for This Gaming Setup?

KenXeiko
Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

Well I may do a lot more other stuff in that computer...

Okay, whatever you need to tell yourself I guess. :P

I'm willing to humor you and give some good input. Here are my suggestions, you can do better with the part selection:

CPU: great! 

Motherboard: you don't have one..

CPU cooler: meh, Corsair AIO's suck. The Cooler Master Nepton 240M or Nepton 280L are better choices. They cut back on the gimmicks and put the money towards better build quality.

Thermal compound: most expensive doesn't mean the best. That $37 tube of thermal paste won't perform better than the much cheaper and better Arctic Cooling MX-4.

RAM: Great choice, however I'd get 32GB's 4x8. What's the point of filling up your RAM slots just for the sake of it? A hassle if you need more RAM down the road.

SSD: great!

HDD: HDD's are loud, the 7200RPM Black's definitely are. It isn't a big deal if your mass storage is slower. You can get some WD Green's, 5400 RPM = quieter, plus their cheaper so 6TB for the same price of 4TB Black's.

GPU: Do you really need Classified's? Are you water cooling them and overclocking them to the heaven's? If not, no you don't.

Case: 900D, meh.. I highly recommend the Enthoo Pro

PSU: EVGA is most likely cheaper and better.

Monitors: Great!.. for gaming. For other stuff, content creation etc. you might want to look at IPS.

Sound card: waste of money, with the on-board solutions coming these days. If you want good quality get a good headphone with a DAC.

Fans: Corsair and Bitfenix, yuck.

Keyboard: why do you need two?

Mouse: your preference, although I highly recommend taking a look at the Zowie FK1 and Mionix 7000 series.

Speakers: N.A

Headphone: you can do better.

Put all this together in a PCpartpicker link for ya: ;)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/D7kB99

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kenzo/saved/Z7QBD3

so i am currently having trouble withe people suggesting to replace the blackhawk ultra with something else now i do not know what to replace i am going to be air cooling the pc and not liquid cooling (maybe i will) also a headphones suggestion would be great as i am having trouble finding one also i like one that is very good for gaming and music (surround sound etc)

if you want to change something about my rig you can tell me and that would be great and helpful.

There is a lot more wrong with this build than the case, if it's just for gaming...

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

so i am currently having trouble withe people suggesting to replace the blackhawk ultra with something else now i do not know what to replace i am going to be air cooling the pc and not liquid cooling (maybe i will) also a headphones suggestion would be great as i am having trouble finding one also i like one that is very good for gaming and music (surround sound etc)

if you want to change something about my rig you can tell me and that would be great and helpful.

what is this build exactly for ? gaming because if you are just get a i5....and am pretty sure you don't need all those fans lol

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Well damn, what are you going to be doing with that 32GB of RAM? Make a RAMdisk or something? 

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Thermaltake Core X9

pic2.jpg

It's also stackable, and modular

Can hold up to three 480mm radiators, so even without water cooling it's gonna have plenty of airflow.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There is a lot more wrong with this build than the case, if it's just for gaming...

Well i may do a lot more other stuff in that computer...

what is this build exactly for ? gaming because if you are just get a i5....and am pretty sure you don't need all those fans lol

well i do since its very hot where i live and i am not going to water cool my PC so yeah.

if u get all of thos fans its going to be really loud

its all quiet editions

Well damn, what are you going to be doing with that 32GB of RAM? Make a RAMdisk or something? 

streaming and doing a lot more stuff like editing etc...

a 900D would be quite good for that

as far as i know Corsair Obsidian 900D's are for watercooling.

Thermaltake Core X9

pic2.jpg

It's also stackable, and modular

Can hold up to three 480mm radiators, so even without water cooling it's gonna have plenty of airflow.

how about the Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935?

Please tell me this build is just a troll, please tell me this build is just a troll D:

BTW if you are somehow serious OP I'd go with either the 900 something from Corsair or my personal fav, the H440. 

well i do since its very hot where i live and i am not going to water cool my PC so yeah.

its all quiet editions

The Haf actually isn't a great case, go with the excellent(and ginormous) 900D or that sweet X9 which I think would be a tad small for your build :/

Please tell me this build is just a troll, please tell me this build is just a troll D:

BTW if you are somehow serious OP I'd go with either the 900 something from Corsair or my personal fav, the H440. 

not a troll

The Haf actually isn't a great case, go with the excellent(and ginormous) 900D or that sweet X9 which I think would be a tad small for your build :/

then i'll go back to the 900d i chose that but i thought the ultra would be better.

Well I may do a lot more other stuff in that computer...

Okay, whatever you need to tell yourself I guess. :P

I'm willing to humor you and give some good input. Here are my suggestions, you can do better with the part selection:

CPU: great! 

Motherboard: you don't have one..

CPU cooler: meh, Corsair AIO's suck. The Cooler Master Nepton 240M or Nepton 280L are better choices. They cut back on the gimmicks and put the money towards better build quality.

Thermal compound: most expensive doesn't mean the best. That $37 tube of thermal paste won't perform better than the much cheaper and better Arctic Cooling MX-4.

RAM: Great choice, however I'd get 32GB's 4x8. What's the point of filling up your RAM slots just for the sake of it? A hassle if you need more RAM down the road.

SSD: great!

HDD: HDD's are loud, the 7200RPM Black's definitely are. It isn't a big deal if your mass storage is slower. You can get some WD Green's, 5400 RPM = quieter, plus their cheaper so 6TB for the same price of 4TB Black's.

GPU: Do you really need Classified's? Are you water cooling them and overclocking them to the heaven's? If not, no you don't.

Case: 900D, meh.. I highly recommend the Enthoo Pro

PSU: EVGA is most likely cheaper and better.

Monitors: Great!.. for gaming. For other stuff, content creation etc. you might want to look at IPS.

Sound card: waste of money, with the on-board solutions coming these days. If you want good quality get a good headphone with a DAC.

Fans: Corsair and Bitfenix, yuck.

Keyboard: why do you need two?

Mouse: your preference, although I highly recommend taking a look at the Zowie FK1 and Mionix 7000 series.

Speakers: N.A

Headphone: you can do better.

Put all this together in a PCpartpicker link for ya: ;)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/D7kB99

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

id recommend my favorite.
Corsair Carbide Air 540

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

its all quiet editions

doesnt matter if they are branded as quiet or not u have a lot of them they will be very loud

doesnt matter if they are branded as quiet or not u have a lot of them they will be very loud

And they are not quiet alone too.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."