Corsair Obsidian 750D Mod

Hi Guys!

So I just got my second GTX 780 and am now running SLI and loving it! These are not reference cards but the ASUS DIrect CUII models. Obviously my temperatures are now higher than before but still very much okay I guess.

The absolute highest I've seen is the top card hitting 70C (158F) in Crysis 3 @ 5910x1080 (Surround) and I'm thinking of modding my side panel to have one or two 120mm  fans blowing directly on the cards. The problem is that it's a windowed panel (quite thin acrylic) and I have no chance of getting spare parts here in the Netherlands.

The case is a Corsair Obsidian 750D. I've tested temperature with the side panel off and with the front panel off. With the side panel off I did not see and improvement... it was actually a bit warmer. Front panel off made no difference but I think if air would hit the cards directly I could see an improvement.

What do you guys think? Have any of you done a similar mod and will it help? Or is it better to keep it like it is and avoid possibly destroying my side panel window.

Thanks for the input :).

post-187336-0-22060400-1422211926_thumb.

post-187336-0-22060400-1422211926_thumb.

Hi Guys!

So I just got my second GTX 780 and am now running SLI and loving it! These are not reference cards but the ASUS DIrect CUII models. Obviously my temperatures are now higher than before but still very much okay I guess.

The absolute highest I've seen is the top card hitting 70C (158F) in Crysis 3 @ 5910x1080 (Surround) and I'm thinking of modding my side panel to have one or two 120mm  fans blowing directly on the cards. The problem is that it's a windowed panel (quite thin acrylic) and I have no chance of getting spare parts here in the Netherlands.

The case is a Corsair Obsidian 750D. I've tested temperature with the side panel off and with the front panel off. With the side panel off I did not see and improvement... it was actually a bit warmer. Front panel off made no difference but I think if air would hit the cards directly I could see an improvement.

What do you guys think? Have any of you done a similar mod and will it help? Or is it better to keep it like it is and avoid possibly destroying my side panel window.

Thanks for the input :).

attachicon.gif750D_hero_low.png

70 degrees is well within the safe temperature boundaries, so you don't really need to do anything :)

70C in SLI is actually really good. 

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Wow, thanks for the fast replies guys :o. That's what I thought :). It's probably best to keep it the way it is.