What GPU do I need?

I want to play NBA 2K15 and the upcoming 2K16, but I don't know what GPU need for it. Currently I'm using GTX650 1Gb and the stutter cheese is REAL. Suggestions?

whats your budget?

a GTX 960 or 970 if you can

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

whats your budget?

a GTX 960 or 970 if you can

Pretty much this.

What do you have for the CPU and mobo? Also, how much are you willing to spend?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

100 and under: it aint worth it buying something for that price, you can almost double the performance with a couple more bucks

100 - 200 price range: R9 270

200 - 300 price range: R9 290

300 - 400 price range: 970

400 - 500 price range: 980

I think the 270 for 150 dollars is enough for your needs, although the 290 offers the best bang for your buck in my opinion and if you want to play more demanding games in the future or just want to use it for a long time without needing to upgrade you should really considering paying the $250 for the 290. It is a flagship card at a mid range price.

100 and under: it aint worth it buying something for that price, you can almost double the performance with a couple more bucks

100 - 200 price range: R9 270

200 - 300 price range: R9 290

300 - 400 price range: 970

400 - 500 price range: 980

I think the 270 for 150 dollars is enough for your needs, although the 290 offers the best bang for your buck in my opinion and if you want to play more demanding games in the future or just want to use it for a long time without needing to upgrade you should really considering paying the $250 for the 290. It is a flagship card at a mid range price.

That or a 280

Tell me what is your build

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

That or a 280

Tell me what is your build

In my opinion the 280's price of 200 is to close to the 290 so if you are going for the 280 you should try to get those 50 extra dollars for the r9 290.

The GTX 750Ti and R7 260x are the recommended GPUs on 2k15, so that's a pretty low bar to clear. I can't personally tell you what runs the game well since I don't have it, but when it came out I remember people complaining a lot about it stuttering, so maybe it's more CPU bound?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive the topic but I'm getting some stuttering(Twice every game. duration: 5secs to 8secs) with my R9 290 with this game. What could be the problem?

You processor could be bottlenecking the card

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

Sorry to revive the topic but I'm getting some stuttering(Twice every game. duration: 5secs to 8secs) with my R9 290 with this game. What could be the problem?

the amt of ram must be twice ur vram, its a myth rly..

the cpu may bottleneck,

the r9 290 is a bloody hot card, check for temps and see if it throttles

maybe your r9 290 has problems

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

Edit: @ace101. What processor and could you list your build please? What resolution?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

the amt of ram must be twice ur vram, its a myth rly..

the cpu may bottleneck,

the r9 290 is a bloody hot card, check for temps and see if it throttles

maybe your r9 290 has problems

CPU is 4770K stock clocks.

RAM is 16GB

GPU temps reaches a maximum 73C. No throttling.

Edit: @ace101. What processor and could you list your build please? What resolution?

RAM is 16GB

PSU is V1200

Monitor: Dell S2715H 27" 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz

RAM is 16GB

PSU is V1200

Monitor: Dell S2715H 27" 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz

it has to be driver or game issue then since its fine on other games i assume?

it has to be driver or game issue then since its fine on other games i assume?

Yeah! Didn't had any problems with BF4  even temps reaching 83C.

• 3 weeks later...