Planning a new upgrade with 300US$ (and no more) from Venezuela

Go to solution Solved by LaczPro19,

Thanks everybody for your answers (especially Aniallation)

Right now, my system is:

Case: Cooler Master Ammo 533 (an old case, functional... And free)

MB: GIGABYTE GA-F2A88X-UP4

APU: AMD A6-7400K

GPU: (For now) Integrated Radeon R5 Graphics

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) HyperX Savage DDR3 2133MHz

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB (I didn't pay for this one)

PSU: Cooler Master V700 80Plus Gold

Right now, I don't have any $$ to spend in a discrete graphics card like the R9 290, but now AMD is doing some noise with that one adding 4GB more. Is that a good option for a "future-proof" build? Is that graphics card really having 8GB of GPU memory?... Or just 4GB?

I can say my Radeon R5 integrated graphics goes pretty well in some games... But having a 24" 1080P monitor, maybe that is the best resolution to play games. And, games like NFS Rivals can't go well without reducing to 720p or more. For that, maybe I need more GPU power with a new graphics card. Can you recommend me one to play in medium, high or ultra, without passing through 300$? (maybe I can get a little more, but for sure: 300$)

At 1080p it's no big deal, at higher resolutions though 290X will be better

Ok. Thanks a lot for your answers.

For now, the R9 290X will be the option from AMD, and the GTX 970 from NVIDIA. Maybe this will change, AMD maybe launch another graphics card without the cons of the actual 290 (heat, loudness and energy) soon.

Hi ;)

Ok. Thanks a lot for your answers.

For now, the R9 290X will be the option from AMD, and the GTX 970 from NVIDIA. Maybe this will change, AMD maybe launch another graphics card without the cons of the actual 290 (heat, loudness and energy) soon.

Heat and energy will only be slightly reduced, but performance will likely be much improved.

Also most 290X are not loud. Only reference ones are.

"Rawr XD"

OK, a good one can be from Asus or GIGABYTE (in my opinion), but which brand do you trust, mostly?

Hi ;)

Heat and energy will only be slightly reduced, but performance will likely be much improved.

Also most 290X are not loud. Only reference ones are.

OK, a good one can be from Asus or GIGABYTE (in my opinion), but which brand do you trust, mostly?

Hi ;)

Best R9 290X are MSI Lightning, PowerColor PCS+, Gigabyte Windforce, and Sapphire Vapor-X/Tri-X. (all triple-fan cards)

"Rawr XD"

Best R9 290X are MSI Lightning, PowerColor PCS+, Gigabyte Windforce, and Sapphire Vapor-X/Tri-X. (all triple-fan cards)

I like the MSI Lightning (except for the yellow fan. In my build everything is red) and the GIGABYTE Windforce (my motherboard is from the same brand).

Hi ;)

• 1 month later...

Thanks everybody for your answers (especially Aniallation)

Right now, my system is:

Case: Cooler Master Ammo 533 (an old case, functional... And free)

MB: GIGABYTE GA-F2A88X-UP4

APU: AMD A6-7400K

GPU: (For now) Integrated Radeon R5 Graphics

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) HyperX Savage DDR3 2133MHz

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB (I didn't pay for this one)

PSU: Cooler Master V700 80Plus Gold

Right now, I don't have any $$ to spend in a discrete graphics card like the R9 290, but now AMD is doing some noise with that one adding 4GB more. Is that a good option for a "future-proof" build? Is that graphics card really having 8GB of GPU memory?... Or just 4GB?

I can say my Radeon R5 integrated graphics goes pretty well in some games... But having a 24" 1080P monitor, maybe that is the best resolution to play games. And, games like NFS Rivals can't go well without reducing to 720p or more. For that, maybe I need more GPU power with a new graphics card. Can you recommend me one to play in medium, high or ultra, without passing through 300$? (maybe I can get a little more, but for sure: 300$)

Hi ;)