New law in Taiwan makes parents limit their kid's computer time

GoodBytes

I feel like a lot of the teens on the forum here are in that 11 hours/day category. I know that on obligation free days, I'm in that category for sure. Probably getting towards 13 hours actually.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Growing up I had weekends that were spent pretty much entirely on the computer. Burning crusade progression nostalgia. 

But anyways if they are creating laws for this kind of stuff, I wonder how bad it is over there O.o. I know every country will have their EXTREME gamers, but there has to be a huge huge problem over there with youth playing video games and only video games. I wonder what the average hours spent gaming is compared to U.S.

And what of the people who needs to be on the computer for long hours?

this doesn't cover 18y/o and above..

bad for those 15-17-ish for projects, as long as education-related is excluded

it should be good for kids today to be outside rather than stare tablets/PCs..

That's very true. If you are going to spend long amounts of times at your computer you should take regular breaks and your things should be ergonomic.

In my high school we used computers for everything (each student got a laptop to do everything on) and we had to take breaks and do exercises in the middle of class to prevent injuries.

I wouldn't really say that is related to the computer itself though, it's more of a "it's bad to sit still for a long time" problem. You would get the same issues no matter what you do while sitting still. If someone had the routine of first studying, then reading books, then watching TV, then sketching, then talking on the phone he/she could also suffer from the same physical problems because all of those are things done while sitting still as well.

It just becomes more apparent with computer use because people's posture is even worse while using one.

While I understand why they would do this, doing this is not right.

A parent should be moderating the kid's time anyways. Seems excessive to make it a law.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well yeah let's hold society back... Gj Taiwan. 

Its basically just hours and hours of computer after 10 hours of school, can't blame them.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I hope it does, or something like it to encourage parents to actually parent their kids. There's too many people who have horrible sleep schedules, are overweight and addicted to telling other kids on the interwebs that they've been rekt, had sex with other people's mothers and so on. If that's allowed to fester, it's likely that person will had no idea how to live once the parents either kick them out or have no way to support their kid once they've grown up.

Neglecting kids as they're unsupervised on the internet these days should be considered a serious matter.

No, it's up to the parents what is best for their kid. Some kids can play computers for hours, stay fit, get a 4.0 GPA, and have a social life all at the same time. They shouldn't be punished because there is others whom can't control themselves.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

how are they going to regulate this, 2 hours a day of computer time they recommend yet i bet that they spend 15 hrs a day on computers taking in that info

2 hours, one of my classes requires me to be on the computer for a hour, and then i often can spend at least a hour just typing a essay, oh and there all my time goes. i still have 2 hours of homework i need dont then i was going to watch tv for a hour. i still need about 3 hours more MINIMUM.

Do you live in Taiwan? No, period.

Do you live in Taiwan? No, period.

so taiwainins never have 2 hours of computer related homework, and have a good way to do this.

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

When I was a kid, I lived under similar limits. It was probably good for me, because otherwise I would never have gone outside.  

I don't know if the government is the one who should be enforcing it though.  

No, it's up to the parents what is best for their kid. Some kids can play computers for hours, stay fit, get a 4.0 GPA, and have a social life all at the same time. They shouldn't be punished because there is others whom can't control themselves.

Unicorns aren't real.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Its basically just hours and hours of computer after 10 hours of school, can't blame them.

Can't blame them on doing what? Denying their citizens the freedom to use a damn computer for as long as they want? It would be fine if they said that kids should spend less time on the computer, you know as a guideline (still not necessary imho), but a fucking law? Don't they have a constitution there? If Greece did that I would be all over suing the goddamn prime minister, because that would be an act of stupidity and ignorance.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

BS, When I was a kid I would not touch the PC for the week (doing school and stuff), but damn those Sundays were like 12+hs for me on it. I don't find anything wrong with this, as the weekly hours are still low. This law won't allow that.

-snip-

Because of those anti social little nerds you can sit on your PC making posts on the internet :)

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Because of those anti social little nerds you can sit on your PC making posts on the internet :)

Explain?

...We need to stop acting like the world only exists in videogames and that we have some right to spend as much time as we want in front of a screen.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.