Audio on PS4

gozzygozborn

So i got a pair of HD 558 headphones and a zalman mic, they work great on pc but i was told that i could use an audio splitter to use both of them as a headset on PS4. When i do this, the PS4 does not detect any input devices. Am i doing something wrong?

So i got a pair of HD 558 headphones and a zalman mic, they work great on pc but i was told that i could use an audio splitter to use both of them as a headset on PS4. When i do this, the PS4 does not detect any input devices. Am i doing something wrong?

What connections are you using? I mean like: They're probably USB?

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

What connections are you using? I mean like: They're probably USB?

3.5 mm. I don't think they make those products in USB.

Uh I don't think the playstation can input a signal via 3.5mm. You'll need a usb sound "card" that can input sound in your case :/

No, that is wrong.

The PS4 have a 3.5mm 4 poles connector like the one used in phones, it can manage sound for the headphones and the input of a Mic.  I have use my MDR-1R as a headset many times with it's cable mic.  

@gozzygozborn

Maybe the adapter you bought is not correctly wired?  Have you tested it with your phone?  

Mystery is the source of all true science.

You need a headset adapter, NOT a mere headphone splitter.

Oh ok because before the person told me that they work the same anyway. 

so this would work?: http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-headsets-separate-headphone-microphone/dp/B004SP0WAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422376757&sr=8-1&keywords=headset+adapter

Or should I pay $12 more for the sennheiser one? (seems like a waste, it wouldn't make a difference right?)