Laptop Fan Running at 100%

WinNut
Go to solution Solved by WinNut,

i dunno, put it in power saving mode?

Have you cleaned it recently?

They generally run at full blast. Clean it out, maybe? My MacBook's can get over 6000rpm.

Well the laptop is fairly new, I got it around Christmas time. It seems that shutting it down, walking away for two minutes, and coming back fixed it. Thanks for your help anyways!

Hi,

My laptop fan has been running at 100%% since I booted it and it's blowing out cool air. Core Temp says that it's running at 45C (normal idle temperatures when browsing LTT) yet it's loud. What can I do about this? It's a Lenovo T420.

I've tried a reboot.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Hi,

My laptop fan has been running at 100%% since I booted it and it's blowing out cool air. Core Temp says that it's running at 45C (normal idle temperatures when browsing LTT) yet it's loud. What can I do about this? It's a Lenovo T420.

I've tried a reboot.

They generally run at full blast. Clean it out, maybe? My MacBook's can get over 6000rpm.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Hi,

I've tried a reboot.

I think you can change the fan speeds in the windows power management.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Have you cleaned it recently?

Well the laptop is fairly new, I got it around Christmas time. It seems that shutting it down, walking away for two minutes, and coming back fixed it. Thanks for your help anyways!

Probably a freak of nature that was able to proc throttling, it sounds like. What do you place you're laptop on?

[witty signature]

Probably a freak of nature that was able to proc throttling, it sounds like. What do you place you're laptop on?

It's on a wooden desk with a 1" tall eraser propping it up.