My CSGO ping is rediculous

PcAaron

Hello everyone, my CSGO ping the majority of the time im playing is rediculously hight from 180-800 and it makes the game unplayable, i have tried so many things, launch options, regeddit files and i've even opened my NAT settings for csgo and all my steam games, i dont know what to do, its driving me mad, its my favourite game and i can never enjoy myself when playing, any help would be massively appreciated, i'm on BT by the way, my ping never used to be this bad either

It will depend on your connection to the server. Are the servers you're playing on in the same region as you/ 

You can change the max amount of ping of the server you're connecting too in the settings. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Hello everyone, my CSGO ping the majority of the time im playing is rediculously hight from 180-800 and it makes the game unplayable, i have tried so many things, launch options, regeddit files and i've even opened my NAT settings for csgo and all my steam games, i dont know what to do, its driving me mad, its my favourite game and i can never enjoy myself when playing, any help would be massively appreciated, i'm on BT by the way, my ping never used to be this bad either

What are you internet speed? That could influence ping.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I normally get about 400kb/s but i didnt used to have this problem, its really frustrating me

What are you internet speed? That could influence ping.

Make sure you play on servers that are in your region if you can. Matchmaking works alright for the most part. Try turning off anything on your computer that uses your bandwidth besides the things you absolutely need to play.

Depends HEAVILY on you internet service provider (ISP). My friend had a 5mbps connection. But gets 100+ ping on regional servers. Where as I (4mbps of  a different ISP, connected to the same server) get 40ms. 

Set your steam download location to the nearest place you live to.

I'm in UK and can choose Manchester or London.

Search for public servers under 100ping and play on them is an option too.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE