I am getting dizzy playing Farcry 4 anyone?

Toto123456

I just finished farcry 3 a couple of days ago, started playing farcry 4. I don't actually know why it doesn't feel as smooth as FC3 when I am running avg 80fps+ ??

the movement of the mouse doesn't have that fluidity like it did in FC3 or any other games. anyone having the same problem? anyway to fix this at all?

my spec i5 4690k OC 4.5GHz, GTX 970 OC 1527MHz, 8gb ram

Adjust FOV, adjust motion blur?

Mine isnt smooth either at 40-50fps but not dizzy-like O.o

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I remember reading that it has mouse acceleration issues; don't know if that was fixed though.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Adjust FOV, adjust motion blur?

I turned off the motion blur, hate it, doesn't feels like real life.

i will have ago at FOV

Maybe you're just playing too much :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Playing on desktop requires wider FOV to not make you sick, because you are close to the screen. An FOV of around 60 works in the living room but causes nausea on the desktop. The monitor should appear as a natural window into the game world. I.e the further you are the narrower the FOV

I just finished farcry 3 a couple of days ago, started playing farcry 4. I don't actually know why it doesn't feel as smooth as FC3 when I am running avg 80fps+ ??

the movement of the mouse doesn't have that fluidity like it did in FC3 or any other games. anyone having the same problem? anyway to fix this at all?

my spec i5 4690k OC 4.5GHz, GTX 970 OC 1527MHz, 8gb ram

i get dizzy during synchronization in any AC game..havent tried towers on FC games..

i close my eyes during those cut scenes.lol

Playing on desktop requires wider FOV to not make you sick, because you are close to the screen. An FOV of around 60 works in the living room but causes nausea on the desktop. The monitor should appear as a natural window into the game world. I.e the further you are the narrower the FOV

i will keep this in mind.thanks

I just maxed out the fov when I played that game. But it doesn't seem to go high enough IMO.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I get dizzy playing Far Cry 2, or any game like it (too "realistic" looking).

You might get motion sickness quickly like I do OP. If that is the case, I doubt adjusting the FOV or the like will solve it for you (didn't for me). If you find something that helps, please share. I have a library of games I cannot play because of it. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It's probably fov, but another thing it could be (assuming FC4 even has it) is depth of field. That really fucks with my eyes, so I always turn it off.

another thing it could be (assuming FC4 even has it) is depth of field. That really fucks with my eyes, so I always turn it off.

it's a problem because most devs use it too aggressively, using up GPU horsepower to make things look blurry is a crime. I don't see the need for it because anyway the human eye cannot keep the entire screen in focus at the same time... Our eyes do actively refocus on different parts of the monitor. I don't see the need to have to simulate that effect using other fancy trickery.

I just maxed out the fov when I played that game. But it doesn't seem to go high enough IMO.

It goes to about 100. But the FoV changes constantly when climbing into cars and climbing buildings ect.. It is pretty off putting.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I get a small rush during any high fall in any game. Kinda the same rush u get going over a small lip in the road at speed in a car.

It's pretty invigorating

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530