2 steam accounts - 1 PC

NeatSquidYT

Hi,

So I may be getting a dead guy's Steam account soon (with his widow's permission, I'm not a heartless monster). Would I be able to download the games off his account, and play them on mine? Thanks.

No, unless you enable Family Sharing and that only works for certain games.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hi,

So I may be getting a dead guy's Steam account soon (with his widow's permission, I'm not a heartless monster). Would I be able to download the games off his account, and play them on mine? Thanks.

No, as the games are account tied. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Doubt it, I think you'll need to relog into each account.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Hi,

well, you would need the guys email

Whenever you try to log in on a new PC, the account holder will get an email whether is i authorized or no

EDIT: So you can play with the persons game on his account

That is weird. And i think you need to have the purchases linked to the account you are signed into to play them. 

uh, of course you can do that. You just need his email for the verification thing and then you can put him into your family sharing thing. Works for me.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

dafq dead guys account wat.

You monster!

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

dafq dead guys account wat.

You monster!

His widow wants his games and PCs to go to someone who'll use and enjoy them...

Im not really sure, but this is my experience.

If you log into the account, and download the games onto your computer in the same location - It will should up in your library.  

I have two steam accounts registered to one computer, My main account and a secondary one, they aren't link via Family Sharing. Both accounts have an individual code activated for the game. The one code on my main account gave me a GERMAN language game (I hate G2A). I bought another STEAM KEY for the game (In English) and activated it on my secondary account, then downloaded it to my steam folder, and delete the "GERMAN" copy. Now when I launch the game from my main account its in English. The fact that it will launch a game who's KEY is not associated to my main account seems like this may just work for someone else. 

So many will say it only works because I owned the game one both accounts and that may be true, however when I launch the game on my main account it is in the language of the my secondary account has. This leads me to believe that they aren't necessarily tied to just one account as much as they are tied to a computer/Download location. 

that said its probably because I already own it on my main account, so maybe its glitched out but it worked for me. It is worth a try. Otherwise family share would be plan B. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Well me and my brother can share all of our games with each other over our home network .......

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9