GTX 960 4GB model coming in March

Rodneyg87

That was also a stupid card. :P

Why ? The 760 is held back in some titles in the case of antialiasing due to VRAM so considering that a 4 GB card would be good and it was priced near a 770. But in future it will perform better due to higher VRAM.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

Why ? The 760 is held back in some titles in the case of antialiasing due to VRAM so considering that a 4 GB card would be good and it was priced near a 770. But in future it will perform better due to higher VRAM.

In those same titles where the 760 is held back the 960 doesn't see no where the same hit because of the new MFAA which is why even though it only has 2gb of VRAM and 128 bit bus that it performs so well. Just like everyone else I was like WTF Nvidia until I saw the benchmarks in the more demanding titles like Tomb Raider, BF4, and Crysis 3. Some how their new Maxwell technology can perform pretty decent even with a gimped 128 bit bus.

I'll bet when/if the 960ti/965 ever come to be with either 192 bit or 256 bit bus that they will be absolute monsters. I just hope they are sub $290, since the 970 is only $320-330.

no it will be 3,5gb card just like the 970...lol

Don't you mean 3.5 + 0.5 gb Nvidia? 

Funny, but a 960 is a fully fledged GM206. Not some chopped GM204. It will use all it's memory.

I miss Askew, he'd tear this thread apart

:(

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Dude this was back before mining ever was a thing. My last pc that I built was in 2009. And they were brand new when I purchased them from the retailer still sealed in their plastic wrap.

Well then maybe you should stop thinking everything is same as 5 years ago.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Well then maybe you should stop thinking everything is same as 5 years ago.

It honestly doesn't mater whether it was 5 years or 5 months ago once I get burned by a company I change directions for my next purchase. And it wasn't that the cards messed up on me that ticked me off it was the fact that i got screwed on the warranty and had to come out of pocket on each of them, and I didn't even overclock them or mess with them in any way they just refused to warranty my cards.

It honestly doesn't mater whether it was 5 years or 5 months ago once I get burned by a company I change directions for my next purchase. And it wasn't that the cards messed up on me that ticked me off it was the fact that i got screwed on the warranty and had to come out of pocket on each of them, and I didn't even overclock them or mess with them in any way they just refused to warranty my cards.

That doesn't sound like AMD's fault though, that seems more like an issue with one specific company that sells AMD cards. You can't blame AMD for the practices of 3rd party companies. You'll find plenty of horrible support on the Nvidia side as well.

nvm

Hey go ahead and flame all you want if a 4gb model hits the shelves its what will be going into my machine plain and simple, because i won't have the cash to get a 970 and I personally have had way to much bad luck with AMD cards in the past to ever want one again. My last gaming pc in one year went through 3 AMD gpu's that all went bad so I personally am going Nvidia for my next, I have never built a machine with an Nvidia gpu so they get my business this time around.

Toppest of keks, that's your money you're wasting mate, that cards amount of vram is pointless

a 4Gb 960 is Nvidia's attempt to milk people who actually judge a cards performance by the amount of vram >(OH MA GAWDZ 4 GIGZZ VRAM TRIPLE 1080P SEHROUNWD ULTRA)

Save your money for a couple of months and buy a 970 or something

That was also a stupid card. :P

Yeah, the card's performance will bottleneck the potential to use more RAM

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Then stop picking the cheapest, lowest quality, brand of AMD card.

Buy Sapphire.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I've never had bad luck with either AMD or Nvidia. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :(

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

I tested this with Skyrim yesterday and it quite happily used more than 3.5GB. Would like to test it with other games that use more than 3GB at 4K but there really aren't many. If someone would like to buy me Shadow of Mordor I wouldn't complain lol

And I like this move. 128-bit bus notwithstanding this makes SLI a viable upgrade path for people who buy one of these cards. I think Nvidia (and AMD) worry about SLI and Crossfire making their mid range cards compete with their high end, hence why they do things like limit the vram to 2GB or gimp the bus and it's a shame because I would like people to at least have the option, even if it's not as good a solution as just buying a 970 initially.

I ran tests in Bf4 at 150% resolution scale and shadow of mordor (both at 1440p). I also had no issues using more than 3.5gb of vram. Both games got to around 3.8-3.9 GB of usage with no performance drop.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Edit:

The 980 will come out with a 12GB varient.

Source: WCCF.

www.WCCFtech.com (Don't actually click the link)

haha so funny, what If I told you that many of the wccf articles we saw in the past ended being actually legit leaks?

Yes of course many were just ideas tossed out and not news or leaks itself, this is why it should be taken with a grain of salt. But by no means the site is a cloud floating in lies. This is why it's good that the OP mentions it.

The large picture is pretty rude, there are few forums where you find yourself scrolling through this kind of large useless pics just because the community disagrees with an article.  Personally I think it's pretty rude, a short version of the picture would be much more appropriate.

I ran tests in Bf4 at 150% resolution scale and shadow of mordor (both at 1440p). I also had no issues using more than 3.5gb of vram. Both games got to around 3.8-3.9 GB of usage with no performance drop.

Heh. That's way more than you'd expect at 4K, but then SoM does suggest 6GB. I'm hoping that means that the most detailed textures are 8K and are an attempt at Crysis-style future-proofing rather than just shitty optimisation...