Does Windows 10 effect Ps4 vs Xbox One?

Literally half of my friends have ps4 and half have the xbox one, however I spend most of my time playing pc games. I understand the whole pc master race thing however I would like to play with my friends. So I am most likely going to get a ps4 due to better specs, but  I was wondering what exactly the windows 10 conference said about cross platforming and the benefits of having both windows 10 and an xbox. If it isn't worth it I will probably buy the ps4.

(also if there are any sales for either of the consoles please let me know)

Thanks

You can stream your xbox to any windows 10 PC. (just like streaming PC games to nvidia shield)

Meaning you can play your xbox games on any PC around the house.

They also said they're going to bring some windows elements to the xbox OS, although I don't know what specifically.

EDIT: also they mentioned that the xbox live stuff will be integrated with the PC stuff.

Meaning you can chat with xbox people on PC, and also play against xbox people on your PC.

I'm pretty sure this would mean the PC people will get to destroy the xbox players on FPS games.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Literally half of my friends have ps4 and half have the xbox one, however I spend most of my time playing pc games. I understand the whole pc master race thing however I would like to play with my friends. So I am most likely going to get a ps4 due to better specs, but  I was wondering what exactly the windows 10 conference said about cross platforming and the benefits of having both windows 10 and an xbox. If it isn't worth it I will probably buy the ps4.

Some games will support things like cross-platform multiplayer between Xbox and PC, I see it as more of a benefit for some people then others. If you have an Xbox One then you can stream games from it to your PC, but idk why you would want to stream 30 FPS 720p low settings when you can just play that natively on most PCs (Haswell Intel HD Graphics can do it)

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Id'e get an Xbox. Simply because Halo, and the streaming thing looks like it could be interesting.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Well I would say Xbox One because of halo also, and the PS4 and Xbox specs are basically the same (bad). It really comes down to what exclusives you like better, and friends.

I'd argue the fact that they're moving the platforms closer together should mean that there are more games on both XBOne and PC. So if you have a decent PC where you'd rather play the games then that would mean the PS4 is more compelling not less. The social interaction stuff? Yeah, that's cool. However again the fact that you can now interact with and play games with people on XBOne via your PC? Yet another reason for getting a PS4 so you can now interact with your friends you otherwise wouldn't have been able to.

As for the streaming stuff, I personally don't understand why a lot of people are complaining about it. The way I see it if you have a decent PC then the feature isn't intended for you at all. The feature is more for console gamers who have a fairly entry level PC that has Windows 10 on it. For them it's a great feature. It's the XBOne's answer to the Wii U GamePad, Steam in-home streaming, Nvidia Shield and PS4 -> Vita streaming. Something which I think is a pretty big deal.

That said I think the real drawback for this solution is the fact that there aren't any handheld Windows 10 devices with a built in controller. I have a Wii U, I use it's streaming feature all the time because it's solid, boots quickly and has the controls built in. However I haven't once found myself actually using Steam in-home streaming outside of just the curiosity and novelty of it. I like the idea of streaming an XBOne game to an ultraportable laptop in theory, I can't picture myself putting the laptop down on a table and getting the controller out just to play a 30mins of some little indie title.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I wouldnt be concerned with specs when it comes to consoles...look at the PS2..it walked away with its gen even though it was the weakest of them all (discounting the dreamcast if yout put them in the same gen)

Look at the exclusives that you want to play/the MP games your friends are playing that you wanna play, nothing more nothing less. The win 10 thing changes nothing, if you wanna steam your xb game to a likely smaller display with worse image quality that bad...go xbo I guess.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

So I am most likely going to get a ps4 due to better specs, 

Instead, it would be better to pick the console based on which games you want to play with which friends.    PS4 is faster, yes, but the in-game end results are very very similar.  You probably wouldn't notice a difference. 

That being said, I prefer Sony's controller and ecosystem.   And I'm a loser with not enough friends for <the above> to matter when it came to picking. haha