My psu vibrates

RorytheFISH

I recently purchased an EVGA supernova G2 and every now and again it will vibrate for about half a second anyone know what this is caused by

100% confirmed as the psu BTW

Tried that it vibrates so matter what and it's strong enough to vibrate my whole desk

There is generally one moving part in a PSU that is the fan (clearly) unless it is  extreme coil whine (which I doubt), try re mounting it and see what happens but if it is the fan maybe try tightening the screws that hold it (safely and if you can).\

Otherwise you may have too RMA the unit.

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

Tried that it vibrates so matter what and it's strong enough to vibrate my whole desk

I'd RMA it then because you do not want a faulty PSU. Better safe than sorry.

System: Thinkpad T460

I recently purchased an EVGA supernova G2 and every now and again it will vibrate for about half a second anyone know what this is caused by

100% confirmed as the psu BTW

Most likely the fan, could be a faulty bearing. See if you can get it RMA'd

"Rawr XD"