Hey, Looking for a cheap PSU. Helpzors?

Inject

Hey. So I have a very old PC I don't use. It's probably 8 or 10 years old to be honest. Anyways It died a few years ago and I never got around to careing about what was wrong with it. I have my main pc, laptop etc. So didn't effect me to much. I was letting someone else use it anyways. I'm pretty sure they broke it from not takeing care of it.

ANYWAYS. Point is I opened it up turned it on and nothing happens at all. No fan spins nothing. From what I assume, I see the PSU as being dead. If you think I could test something else I will but anyways.

So I took the PSU out it's a 350watt PSU. I assume I should be able to find one very cheap online. Having trouble finding a good priced one tho. Any suggestions?

Thanks ;)

EDIT: Also I should mention it's using old IDE HardDrives.

Seasonic is the brand to go for for good cheap psus

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Cheap PSU what you never shoud look for

edit- aha it is for a 10 years old Mashine, ok then cheap is good. I just meant that PSU is an important part to be very high quality

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Why do you want to fix an 8 year old pc? 

I'd also say to jump start the psu and see if it starts up to see if that's the problem. http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=394

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Cheapest according to pcpartpicker

Total: $24.99

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-24 20:25 EST-0500

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Why do you want to fix an 8 year old pc? 

I'd also say to jump start the psu and see if it starts up to see if that's the problem. http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=394

Yeah I've sceen that tutorial before. I did consider trying that but I'm afriad of getting shocked via the paper clip, is that a valid concern or is that not possible lol.

EDIT: And yeah I know fixing an 8 year old PC sounds silly. It's going to be used maily for surfing the web not much else and not by me. So I figured It would be a cheap way to give someone a pc to use again without spending a ton.

I like the CX series from Corsair but Seasonic is a good place to go as well

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Seasonic is the brand to go for for good cheap psus

U wot? Seasonic PSUs are expensive as hell.

Cheapest I can find so far is: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159043

$24.99+$12 Shipping = $37.

Would like to be cheaper if I can lol.

EDIT: Also I should mention it's using old IDE HardDrives lol.

I ask again, why are you trying to save a 10 year old pc?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I ask again, why are you trying to save a 10 year old pc?

>>>>

" And yeah I know fixing an 8 year old PC sounds silly. It's going to be used maily for surfing the web not much else and not by me. So I figured It would be a cheap way to give someone a pc to use again without spending a ton."

Regardless If I have to spend 40 bucks on it. Thats a lot cheaper then a whole new PC.

>>>>

" And yeah I know fixing an 8 year old PC sounds silly. It's going to be used maily for surfing the web not much else and not by me. So I figured It would be a cheap way to give someone a pc to use again without spending a ton."

Regardless If I have to spend 40 bucks on it. Thats a lot cheaper then a whole new PC.

True, but even browsing the internet on a 10 year old pc will be painful.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

True, but even browsing the internet on a 10 year old pc will be painful.

It was working last year I think. I had put Ubuntu On it. Wasn't to bad at the time. Either way I wont be using it myself much lol

Was litteraly here before I saw this article:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/297531-evga-400w-psu-999/

It's 50 watts over, wont do to much harm.

I'm Canadian :(

American NCIX VS Canadian != Same Prices sadly

http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-400w-80-plus-certified-b7-100604-1356.htm

For Canadian. Still not bad tho.

It was working last year I think. I had put Ubuntu On it. Wasn't to bad at the time. Either way I wont be using it myself much lol

I'm Canadian :(

American NCIX VS Canadian != Same Prices sadly

http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-400w-80-plus-certified-b7-100604-1356.htm

For Canadian. Still not bad tho.

Probably stick a ssd in if i were u

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)