Why is Avast going crazy on the forums?

MattTheMayor

web shield is being crazy over the forums and keeps on randomly blocking topics. 

its been happening ever since a week or 2 ago.. some people had the same experiences too.

i wonder why it's happening? is it something to with the website itself?

for those who don't know how to unblock it "temporarily"

1. go to hidden icons

2. right click avast sign

3. go to shields and disable for 10 minutes

4. go on the link that was blocked

5. stay on the link and turn it back on (by going to avast in hidden icons once again)

Yeah I experienced it too. Only some topics does that though.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Yeah mine done the same thing, i had to eventually reinstall Avast and add linustechtips.com to the web exclusions list

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

Yeah I experienced it too. Only some topics does that though.

for me its mainly tech news and general discussions.

for me its mainly tech news and general discussions.

I am not sure which topics for me, but it shut down the whole site giving me no data received page, then I disabled the shields, refreshed the page and turn the shields back on. It only happened twice to me still wierd though.

Also @colonel_mortis should see this thread.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Sometimes when it happens it doesn't allow me to Mark Community Read (The Webpage but the script still works)

Because he had a hard drive.

Yeah this is a problem...

Whom ever's in charge should take a look at fixing that :)

I tagged colonel_mortis. I think its better to talk about it here, than spamming the Bugs and Issues thread :) (I am expecting more people to come here to post)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I tagged colonel_mortis. I think its better to talk about it here, than spamming the Bugs and Issues thread :) (I am expecting more people to come here to post)

Colonel Needs a badge... I should design one for him... He's a nice guy, And hes very helpful.

Colonel Needs a badge... I should design one for him... He's a nice guy, And hes very helpful.

I second that :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Same here, however I'm having this problem on other websites too. I'm currently using chrome btw.

Same here, however I'm having this problem on other websites too. I'm currently using chrome btw.

Try running adwcleaner, maybe its malware related for you :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Or it could just be forum ads

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Same here... I identified the 'hot' item to be related to uruilist.com...

here are some log file entries if they help...

18.01.2015  12:54:36  Network Shield: blocked access to malicious site http://uruilist.com/?I-872F=-el04n0nfPcp&SR71--Mw=09_L9Vfm5-1_&V_pB=qatfwl92ya0&w_6=Ve2U-43c-a_&S85P=1-8i4 ([94.242.216.4]:80) [ C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe ( 2556 ) ]24.01.2015  12:20:48  Network Shield: blocked access to malicious site http://uruilist.com/?_GgSLq5=7Oy0q7j_2_1X&YmwlWJ=2rfj8Q_d-H3-&HADs=d32ct_0-&d2C=I9 ([94.242.216.4]:80) [ C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe ( 3048 ) ]

The log is in a plain text files and these are the only items that raised the alarm...

Same here... I identified the 'hot' item to be related to uruilist.com...

here are some log file entries if they help...

The log is in a plain text files and these are the only items that raised the alarm...

I second the uruilist, it just popped on me.

Fdvz81h.jpg

Excuse my native language, but you get the point :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Sometimes when an ad or image hotlink is from a known bad URL a web browser will stop loading any website.

So the best way to block this is to add uruilist.com to the sites sware filter.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

They may want to do something about the incorporation of the uruilist.com domain because Chrome is even now throwing flags for it. @LinusTech

-snip-

Happened to me today too.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler