Looking to expand music library ~ suggestions?

Hey guys! I am looking to expand my music library! I currently use spotify and only have about ~600 songs saved. I also have about ~900 mp3 song files on my other computer which I will transfer soon.

I would love if you guys could share your favorite bands, artists, songs, albums, etc. I PROMISE to check out everything I can, and you tube links so we can all listen are welcome! Thanks!

All genres are welcome!

Hey guys! I am looking to expand my music library! I currently use spotify and only have about ~600 songs saved. I also have about ~900 mp3 song files on my other computer which I will transfer soon.

I would love if you guys could share your favorite bands, artists, songs, albums, etc. I PROMISE to check out everything I can, and you tube links so we can all listen are welcome! Thanks!

I have about 28,000 songs in mine. I'd recommend buying used MP3 players and downlaod the music from them. That's how I get my music :D.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I have about 28,000 songs in mine. I'd recommend buying used MP3 players and downlaod the music from them. That's how I get my music :D.

HAH GREAT IDEA! never heard that one before! WHere do you get these used mp3s?

Majority of my music is ripped from CDs which i got from the library (this was 6-8 years ago). I haven't actually downloaded any new music in YEARS. I made several lists, and kept telling myself soon soon. I feel like its going to take several days to organize all my music but I am very exicited! I bought new speakers and everything :)

HAH GREAT IDEA! never heard that one before! WHere do you get these used mp3s?

I use iTunes, so I buy cheap used iPods/iPhones and use the program DiskAid [which is now called iMazing] to copy the MP3/MP4 data over to iTunes.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Daft Punk, deadmau5, Gorillaz and Crush40 for artists and for genres: trance, electro and alternative rock

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I use iTunes, so I buy cheap used iPods/iPhones and use the program DiskAid [which is now called iMazing] to copy the MP3/MP4 data over to iTunes.

wow lol thanks! I am actually considering doing this now. I'll start with my friends if they have any old mp3s and then look online

Personally i love all Australian music, here is a youtube playlist of some music i commonly lisen too to relax.

I also love heavier bands like KoRn, Slipknot and all System of a Down!

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

My personal favorite music (There's a lot of it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqoEgj_QB5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqoVtzqLGoQ

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I really enjoy Franz Ferdinand.

They have a nice retro flair that I enjoy.

Not the Arch Duke....

http://youtu.be/31sZ9xZr_Ew

http://youtu.be/cKyG1dRoDlA

Lily Allen

http://youtu.be/OK4fJhbRL1g

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

My oh my, you're in for a good bit of listening :P 

Tokyo underground -Blue sky back death 

Songs by kygo

It depends what you're into, if you like i have a spotify playlist you can skim through 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

+1 kygo remixes are always great.
Electus and phaleh are other great ones along the kygo lines.

lately I've been really into post rock, the more ambient, instrumental, cinematic drone out type of post rock. for discovery I've been using bandcamp and going thru that and downloading the free ones that I like that offer the "name your own price" option.
https://bandcamp.com/tag/post-rock

what really got me into post rock was stumbling across Tomorrow We Sail last year https://soundcloud.com/tomorrowwesail/eventide-live-at-home they've barely released their first 'official' album. give them a listen and earn that hipster I was into them before anyone knew about them status

I've really wanted to get more into Swing house but beyond Parov Stellar and Caravan Palace there really isnt much I like. the whole genre seems to have gone more synth rather than catchy layered samples. I want more swing and less house.

Buying used MP3 players and getting music is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Who wants some random retard's unorganized music collection fucking up you libary? I get most of my music off Band Camp or I rip it from CD I buy from my local music store. This way, everything is perfectly organized 

Jack White: 

Johnny Cash perhaps? (forget the "old man" image, JC was the original outlaw BITD and his murder ballads really were masterpieces)

If you like it a bit more gritty :

Caution : long intro (almost 2 minutes)

I used a Vimeo one because YT only has it in 360p, so it's horrid if you like fullscreen vids.

Everyone knows Bachman Turner Overdrive as the one stuttering hit wonder from "You ain't seen nothing yet".

However they also recoded what I consider to be the ultimate version of the ultimate song.

And if you're looking more into dance here's a bit of an odd one ; Assemblage 23. The music falls more into the dance/industrial genre but the vocals and lyrics really would suit gothic, which means you may need a couple of tries to adjust to the sound.

The guy really does have a way with words.

Some songs are so simple yet the lyrics are so over the top ...

Not sure if I actually like this one, but it does get to me every time.

And while we're in Dance music :

I'll spare you the entire Eurodance collection. The 90s were huge fun if you were clubbing in that era, but some things are better left in the past.

Mastodon?

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Oh wow I am impressed, I was expecting YouTube links all day, but not 1.

Mine is a lot different than all others posted. I listen to underground hip hop

The Living Legends

The Grouch (from The Living Legends)

MURS (also from The Living Legends)

The Grouch and Eligh (again both from LL)

The Heiroglyphics

Atmosphere

Benefit

Apathy

Aesop Rock

Eyedea

Tech N9ne

Snow Tha Product (beast female rapper)

Macklemore (before he went mainstream)

Binary Star

Sager NP8278-S--CPU-i7-4710MQ--GPU-GTX 970m 6GB--RAM-8GB--Storage-128GB SSD and 1TB HDD--Mouse-Steelseries Rival--Headset-Kingston HyperX Cloud

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8278-S.html

Tool.

Anything by Tool

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Vocaloid, especially ones made by Wowaka, though vocaloids are more of a means of creating music rather than being a genre itself. Ash, Jimmy Eat World. I personally listen to game soundtracks

Celldweller, Blue Stahli, Voicians in fact any artists under FiXT's label.

Vocaloid, especially ones made by Wowaka, though vocaloids are more of a means of creating music rather than being a genre itself. 

Wowaka has one of the strangest signature MIku vocals I've ever heard.  IMO I like kz's style the best, but his masters are often compressed to shit.  He's better at being ClariS's composer, and whoever made the decision to sell Party Time on Mora.jp was a genius, dem dynamics.

Also Soh Yoshioka is a God of Complextro.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Halo 4 soundtrack incl. the remixes of them - Koan sound remix from Green & Blue to give you a good track :D

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)