Bing vs Google; What's better?

"Slightly" relevant article about bing copying google's results: http://googleblog.blogspot.be/2011/02/microsofts-bing-uses-google-search.html

That's interesting, I wonder if that is still going on. Correct me if im wrong but what I got out of the article is that Bing used IE and the Bing Desktop app to determine what people were searching for on google and clicking on once they did their search, then when you searched for that same thing on Bing, it would put what you clicked on in Googles results into it's search results because they thought it was relevant to you because you clicked on it. Interesting.

That's interesting, I wonder if that is still going on. Correct me if im wrong but what I got out of the article is that Bing used IE and the Bing Desktop app to determine what people were searching for on google and clicking on once they did their search, then when you searched for that same thing on Bing, it would put what you clicked on in Googles results into it's search results because they thought it was relevant to you because you clicked on it. Interesting.

True, and yes I should've noted the article is from 2011, but still :)

I used to use Bing solely for Bing Rewards, but I got fed up after switching to Android, tried DuckDuckGo for a day, and switched to Google. Haven't looked back since.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Google for real information. Bing for being paid

Hi,

I would say google.. But it doesnt mean bing is not good.. I may stick with Google until Bing is able to claim a much greater advantage over the web's largest, most preferred search engine.

To know more , why most of them prefer google ..

Check the below article;

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/242008

I use bing on my phone, and I have done for over two years. On my mobile, I prefer the layout of bing and the easier to access information as its a WP device, but on desktop I use google as bing rewards are non existant here in the UK sadly :( (I'd be minted if I had bing rewards the entire time I've used windows phone)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I used Bing many times and switch to Google. I have found that Bing has gotten A LOT better over time. I don't know if it's because of the increase users of Bing/Yahoo (Yahoo uses Bing, but interprets search queries differently), which the engine gets better the more users uses it, or Microsoft is continuously working and improving it, or both.

I don't like the image search of Bing. I find it too fancy in looks, making it take time to render, and sometimes I like to open in a new tab interesting results, Bing doesn't allow me to do that. This needs to improve on Bing side.

Sometimes with Bing I find I need to be more specific, like I need to mention my region, or give it an extra hint or two on what I am looking for exactly, but again it got better over time.

For general search I use Yahoo, to support Mozilla (so essentially I use Bing), but sometimes I need to switch to Google.

WUT???

How do u have windows 10?

My preview doesnt have that search on the bottom.

Is windwos 10 out???

Yes. Windows 10 has new builds. Microsoft says that new builds will now at even faster rate now.

Stay tune on LTT news section forum (big builds release), or Windows 10 thread (big and small) to know about them.

To get the latest, in Windows 10. Go to PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Preview Builds, and hit the Download button. Depending on the build you have currently, there is a bug in the downloader. Do not close PC Settings or navigate away from the download page. There is no progress bar. The download is ~2GB, so be patient. Once download is complete. you should see an Install button, click on it, and it will install.

Once installed, to check for Windows Updates and install these. These are further patches to fix bugs and issues and introduce new features. At this point you should see Cortana. If you go back to PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Preview Builds, you should have an option to pick between Slow and Fast rings. To get the latest and great build as they come, use Fast. If you want to be sure it is stable pick slow.

The validation of builds goes as follows:

Ring2.png

I use Google.

The biggest thing I took away from this thread is that Eminem is white.

What? Please elaborate. I'm afraid I don't understand what his race has to do with the search. If you want to search for people of different races and post the screenshots to prove a point feel free to help further the discussion by doing so.

What? Please elaborate. I'm afraid I don't understand what his race has to do with the search. If you want to search for people of different races and post the screenshots to prove a point feel free to help further the discussion by doing so.

I was just saying that I didn't know that he was white. That's all, nothing more.

Google , you know why , because this why 

10945153_10204506247275324_549674426_n.j

now lets try that again with Bing 

W2BsUhV.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I don't understand. Your search is complete crap. Do you mean that Google shows you youtube videos on top?

Hi, in my point of view always the better one is google only. It will give us the various links so that we able to know more information about it.

I don't understand. Your search is complete crap. Do you mean that Google shows you youtube videos on top?

i forgot the movie name , it as a michal bay produced movie called project Almanac, it was suppose to come last year, but postponed to Jan 2015 , it's a time travel movie , but totally forgot the name , asked my friend , even he forget  , i googled what i remembered   

"where they time travel to their old birthday party "

and google found what i was looking for !!!

in the movie the students see themselves in an old b'day party video , meaning they time traveled and built the machine 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4BX5bslLVg

Edit : no , it was not a youtube video , actually , when i clicked the link , it changed the color , i had never opened that link before 

@GoodBytes why do you think my search was complete crap? i want your reasoning 

post-21562-0-09829500-1422656802_thumb.j

post-21562-0-09829500-1422656802_thumb.j

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

You need to specify the director with Bing.

Try: time travel movie michael bay

Or simply: Time travel movie

By popular amount of clicks, it should appear in the video bar, as either the movie is a classic or new and gets attention.

Hey I never said it was perfect, but you can find what you need.

The reason why I said your search terms were crap, because it is way too broad. You are going "I hope that other people have search what I searched and clicked it on page 2-3-4, so that it moves up", while true on anything you search, by popularity contest Google will win hands down.

You can be broad and yet more specific.

Google. Do you ever hear someone say, "Bing that."?

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

By popular amount of clicks, it should appear in the video bar, as either the movie is a classic or new and gets attention.

man , i only saw the trailer , i didn't even know it was related to Michael bay , infact he only produced, untill my friend told me in that mesg, i only knew about the trailer .

the trailer came in 2013 , yes 2013 , only saw it once, i only remembered one concept about the movie , and googling it , gave me the answer, if bing couldn't find me the answer that i was looking for , then it failed it's purpose 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I was just saying that I didn't know that he was white. That's all, nothing more.

Oh lol I was confused lol .  :lol:

The reason why I said your search terms were crap, because it is way too broad. You are going "I hope that other people have search what I searched and clicked it on page 2-3-4, so that it moves up", while true on anything you search, by popularity contest Google will win hands down.

You can be broad and yet more specific.

Wouldn't it be narrow because he is excluding more results by only allowing certain things for example if i say "people" it could be anyone, if I was "Blue Eyed People" There are less people with blue eyes than there are people. 

Duckduckgo for the win! #justhackerthings

I find Google to be more to my liking.  Google also has better security in place, they block malicious links almost as soon as they hit it.  

NOTE:

These are not links that contain downloads or links to viruses, these are links that when clicked direct you to a zero-day exploit or something else of equal concern. 

I love bings layout but it's quite clear, Google has the best web search around. It's not even close.

Bing gives John Green's photo when I search for Hank Green

post-188526-0-66030900-1422760052_thumb.

Bing gives John Green's photo when I search for Hank Green

attachicon.gifScreenshot (15).png

Marvelous 

lol_ricky_gervais.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker