Bing vs Google; What's better?

I think we can agree we have all seen the memes about how Bing sucks and Goodle is like the GabeN of Search engines, but what one do you use and why? I personally was a Yahoo guy, then a Google guy, and now I use Bing about as much as I use Google. http://strawpoll.me/3478576

TVjCQb5.jpg

When You open the Front page of each website, you are greeted with two very different environments. Bing shows a sometimes interesting picture and displays news below with some quick links on top to various Microsoft services such as Office Online. Google provides you with a nice clean front page with quick links to Google services above. 

QV4eZyO.jpg

When Searching for celebrities, both Google and Bing provide decent search results; both provide easy access to play songs, view Wikipedia, and access their social media pages among other things. 

lNkz1Tv.jpg

When searching for Tech products both search engines provide me with a link to the manufacturers web page first and foremost. Bing however provides additional results for shopping on the side while Google leaves a blank space. 

x9zuyXQ.jpg

When searching for weather both show a nice forecast display, Google however provides more in depth results and will display information when i search for local weather. Bing on the other hand will come up empty unless I use Cortana. Either way Google provides more information. 

L0XxpRH.jpg5ua0c97.jpgDN6Bcze.jpgSports seems to be the biggest hit or miss, Google seems to provide more info on Schedule but Bing seems better about previous game scores. 

Overall what is your opinion; has Bing improved to the point where it is a viable replacement to Google? Or is Google still the supreme overlord of Search on the internet? 

http://strawpoll.me/3478576

WUT???
How do u have windows 10?
My preview doesnt have that search on the bottom.

Is windwos 10 out???

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I always use Google.

When I needed to redownload Chrome, I used IE for that which had Bing as standard search engine, so yeah..

I Googled 'Google Chrome' and the first 2 links were like shady download sites which supposedly has Chrome (which were advertisers) and the 3rd link was actually from Google.

This is basically why I don't use Bing, the results are just not what I want

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

can you ever hear 'hey, who is the president of Ireland?' and the other person saying 'hang on, I'll bing it'... the answer... no... that will never happen and i don't like bing because i guess its personal preference tbh

Google, because Google

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

so you took about the only 5 things that bing can search

i would not be surprised if they copied google results 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Duck Duck go.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

Google for life. Bing is just there for Bing Rewards stuff.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Google.

Only because I can have quick acess to my Gmail, Google Drive, ect.

It seems impossible until it's done.

I use Google just for the fact that all my other devices are in the Google ecosystem, so makes sense to me to stay in it.

Searching in Google changes Google Now on Phone and tablet, plus all the search on them defaults to it.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

WUT???

How do u have windows 10?

My preview doesnt have that search on the bottom.

Is windwos 10 out???

They released an updated build not too long ago.

They released an updated build not too long ago.

really? How do i update mine?

ON topic, i choose to use duckduckgo, not bing or google.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I've tried using bing or yahoo, but they just don't find relevant results as well as Google does. I can type a bunch of gobbledeegook into google and I'll still find what I'm trying to most of the time.

I think the other half of the equation is that google has their analytics, which most websites utilize, which casts a very large net (no pun intended) over the internet. bing does not have the umbrella effect that google does, neither does yahoo.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

FOR A REAL RESPONSE, I use both. I like both. Each actually do better at things. Google will provide the most relevant web search results which is why I still use google. Bing has a better layout then Google. The front page of bing gives useful stuff such as news and beautiful pictures, web results uses the space available BETTER, image section was always better then Google's and Google even kinda copied bing's image layout, video layout is 100 TIMES better then Googles and then there is Maps. Maps well, doesn't have as much info as Google's Maps BUT it sure as heck (at least every time I've used it) a lot faster at rendering. Zoom in and out and bing maps is loaded much faster then googles on a browser.

Every time I need a specific search of something done I DEF use Google cuz it will actually bring up relevant info. Otherwise I love using bing. Bing just has a better layout.

Bing is actually better for searching images on a psvita.

I actually use Bing across all my devices, and that includes my android tablet (blasphemy LOL). I genuinely prefer the way Bing presents its search results and because I've been using Bing for so long now (3+ years now I think), everything I search just feels right/spot on.

To be honest I just tried to take things that I may search on a regular basis. I know a lot of the results depend on the wording of your search. Feel free to post any (appropriate)  screencaps of what you searched and your results to help further the debate.

really? How do i update mine?

ON topic, i choose to use duckduckgo, not bing or google.

If you are running the preview build go to start and type windows update, then once you are in the modern settings app click the back button and choose preview builds on the menu. Then it will search for the build, download it, and install it.

Google knows all. 

I think Bing looks very pretty, but I prefer the simpler look of Google. It's very minimal and that makes it easy to use even on slow internet. So that's what I prefer overall. Plus I think Google is just a better search engine. I also prefer Google's corporate culture way over Microsoft's so I'd rather support Google by using their search engine. 

Now Yahoo....who uses Yahoo anymore? :lol: