Can you F@H on a RPi?

title says it all i guess

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

Maybe you can, but honestly hash rates would be so low it wouldn't make any sense. Maybe if you had a 128 RPI cluster...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

BOINC would make more sense based on what the interwebs says. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You can do it but you will have to run it on CPU Only and that is going tot be waste of energy never mind the electricity Bill damn...

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Maybe you can, but honestly hash rates would be so low it wouldn't make any sense. Maybe if you had a 128 RPI cluster...

Hash rates? F@H doesn't use hashes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You can do it but you will have to run it on CPU Only and that is going tot be waste of energy never mind the electricity Bill damn...

i wanted to fold with my current build but i decided not to. i was thinking about a RPi since theyre cheap but if its not worth it...

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

Hash rates? F@H doesn't use hashes.

pardon my lack of proper vocabulary, I just meant it doesn't have near to enough performance.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i wanted to fold with my current build but i decided not to. i was thinking about a RPi since theyre cheap but if its not worth it...

Why did you decided not to fold on that build? 

Why did you decided not to fold on that build? 

i just dont want to keep it on 24/7. i tried folding when i wasnt using it but then while studying i needed all of my PC power so i stopped. im looking for alternatives. my friend gave me a Pentium D and an HD 3850 so i was thinking about buying a mobo, PSU and case for that

the raspberry Pi is cheap so i was hoping i could use that

my friend gave me an HD 3850 

wait a second... could i not put that in my system and fold with that?

wait a second... could i not put that in my system and fold with that?

You should be able to. PPI (Points Per Day) wouldn't be stellar. But better than nothing.

You should be able to. PPI (Points Per Day) wouldn't be stellar. But better than nothing.

great, what drivers would i need to download?

I don't think it can because it needs to complete the tasks within a set time.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

great, what drivers would i need to download?

Well, i kinda doubt folding has any support for that card tbh.

It wouldn't necessarily work out all that well, but if you think

about it. It's illogical to not want to let the pc run at night, 

considering that it's doing the same thing whether you are 

eating/sleeping/bicycling or whatever :P be it night or day,

the computer doesn't care. Atleast for the reasons i assume

you don't want to.

If you are thinking about fire hazards and other things, well

that's a different discussion. 

Well, i kinda doubt folding has any support for that card tbh.

It wouldn't necessarily work out all that well, but if you think

about it. It's illogical to not want to let the pc run at night, 

considering that it's doing the same thing whether you are 

eating/sleeping/bicycling or whatever :P be it night or day,

the computer doesn't care. Atleast for the reasons i assume

you don't want to.

If you are thinking about fire hazards and other things, well

that's a different discussion. 

id just feel more comfortable if my $1500 PC wasnt on all day/night. thats why i was looking for alternatives. RPi is out of the question, the HD 3850 conflicts with my 970...

id just feel more comfortable if my $1500 PC wasnt on all day/night. thats why i was looking for alternatives. RPi is out of the question, the HD 3850 conflicts with my 970...

i'm just saying, that reasoning is based on emotions of which are absolutely

irrelevant to the computer and it simply doesn't care about :P, but yes. You

could alternatively use a second gpu and just let it run on the side during

the day, not sure how that 3850 would work out for you though.

It uses 5W max, the toll on the electricity bill would be negligible.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

i'm just saying, that reasoning is based on emotions of which are absolutely

irrelevant to the computer and it simply doesn't care about :P, but yes. You

could alternatively use a second gpu and just let it run on the side during

the day, not sure how that 3850 would work out for you though.

im sorry i didnt know inanimate objects were capable of emotions :P

Asked, and answered, in the FAQ post.

Short answer is no. 

The FAH team focus their efforts on the clients for mainstream hardware, that can also return the projects in a reasonable time. So, developing a client for something like a Pi, or the iPhone, or Android, would be time and resource consuming. Given that not a single current WU could actually be completed by one of these devices and many of them don't even support Floating Point calculations, whole new Cores and projects would need to be developed. So, in the end it would be a LOT of resource for what would probably amount to very little gain.

An excellent post in regards to this and ARM - courtesy of @warmon6 - https://foldingforum...hp?f=38&t=13821

FYI - as of March 2014, the new Chrome browser folding app is out, as of now only supports AMD or Intel CPU's but there is hope it will soon support other chips, so folding on phones and tablets will be possible.

Update - Fall 2014 - FAH team is working on an Android client. Right now testing only on some Sony handsets. Stay tuned.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99