New PC boot issue

Hi, I just finished building my first PC and i'm sure i did everything correctly as i double checked every wire. However when i plugged the PC into the display, it said that there was no signal and i had to check my system. I didn't get any beeps from my motherboard, it just had the green light on the motherboard and the red light near the RAM flashed a few times. 

I asked my friend who said it was probably the motherboard, which i've now sent back for a replacement.

I also did some troubleshooting on the GPU and its definitely not the issue.

I would love for some other opinions though.

Thankyou

Are you 100% sure the CPU power is plugged in?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Hi, I just finished building my first PC and i'm sure i did everything correctly as i double checked every wire. However when i plugged the PC into the display, it said that there was no signal and i had to check my system. I didn't get any beeps from my motherboard, it just had the green light on the motherboard and the red light near the RAM flashed a few times.

I asked my friend who said it was probably the motherboard, which i've now sent back for a replacement.

I also did some troubleshooting on the GPU and its definitely not the issue.

I would love for some other opinions though.

Thankyou

If everything was properly pluged in as you say, then yeah, the most probable cause is a faulty motherboard, if there was some kind of ram issue the mobo would have started beeping like crazy

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

IvyK: Yeah i double checked, it was a 2x4 pin connector on the same wire from the power supply so i plugged both in the the top socket next to the CPU.

SkulD: That's what i thought so i sent the motherboard back to Amazon and they are sending me a new one promptly.

I'll come back and write up of it fixed the issue to show others who have the same issue how it might be solved.