YouTuber NerdCubed Denounces Steam, Plans on curating own store

HellaflushMcSwaggins

I rarely open Steam anymore. And everytime I do, I'm blasted with popup adds I can't seem to disable anymore. And everythings that shown is shitty early access games.

Some of the reason why it's gone to shit, is probably that some of the other "good" games, are being kept on Origin and Uplay - And they need to have something to sell.

Please list these "good" games.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Unsure what you're trying to accomplish here. Do you want a list of "good" games, or a list of games that can only be acquired from Origin / Uplay?

Just trying to figure out which games you're talking about. I already know about EA's games and why they're not on steam. Are you saying that all EA's/Activision games are "good" games? Can you list which games besides EA games?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

There isn't, on any level. Maybe 10 years ago when Gabe had less money than I do and Steam was a total joke of a service and everything was in its infancy.

But now? With what they make off their 1st party games + the cut they take off every single transaction? They can't afford robust CS services? I'm calling bullshit. How can Origin realize that CS is a priority in a few years and Valve hasn't?

Its simple. They take us for granted and the sales we give them. No one really holds a fire to their feet about continually improving their service. Cheap games (often shitty games that are cheap, lets be honest) do not overcome the fact that Valve sucks when a consumer has issues with the service, a product they bought or otherwise needs simple help.

How much do they make off first party games(hl3 not confirmed, btw) and a cut from rest of sales?

Origin isn't wrong. Steams process is "who gives a shit what we sell, rather we give a shit about how much we can sell". Valve is quantity over quality these days. They'll let me into Greenlight with some shitty text based game when what they need to do is ban people like that from even logging into their Steam accounts ever again. Quality control is not some "OMG STOP OPPRESSING MY GAMING FREEDOM". Lots of games on Steam are bad and they need to feel bad.

And as per that Hatred thing? If Valve had balls in the first place they wouldn't have taken it down anyways. But nope. We live in an era where you can depict someone having their body dissolved by acid on TV (Breaking Bad) or straight up strangled and murdered (Breaking Bad) or assassinated with a shot to the head (once again, good ol Breaking Bad) but suddenly when a game is telling you to kill the authority figures and innocents, nope. Its too edgy for them, it has to be removed.

It'a not up to Valve to do QC...

You are trying to claim that Valve, which does not even have a CS department according to you, should tell you what's good game FOR you.

There is a review section for all games, terrible games get bad reviews(or bad review disguised as good review, it people ever learned to read).

And if you don't read(although reviews arw obviously still subjective), it's your fault for buying bad rats.

Text games can be great(many on steam, infact, are great; only one I can tell by review that is shite is made by someone with transgender fetish on deviantart). How would you know if no one has ever played it?

I swear I can find people bitching about the strangest things on this forum.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

How much do they make off first party games(hl3 not confirmed, btw) and a cut from rest of sales?

It'a not up to Valve to do QC...

You are trying to claim that Valve, which does not even have a CS department according to you, should tell you what's good game FOR you.

There is a review section for all games, terrible games get bad reviews(or bad review disguised as good review, it people ever learned to read).

And if you don't read(although reviews arw obviously still subjective), it's your fault for buying bad rats.

Text games can be great(many on steam, infact, are great; only one I can tell by review that is shite is made by someone with transgender fetish on deviantart). How would you know if no one has ever played it?

I swear I can find people bitching about the strangest things on this forum.

Are you trolling? I'm genuinely curious, because I can't understand how the hell someone could say that in reply to your quote.

The post clearly went over your head and is beyond your comprehension.

"I had a bad experience because I bought a game I've never played."

stop buying shit games

Am I one of the few people that buys games I want to play, plays them, and occasionally goes back to them later on? And doesn't buy stupid shitty games because they're cheap?

Are you trolling? I'm genuinely curious, because I can't understand how the hell someone could say that in reply to your quote.

The post clearly went over your head and is beyond your comprehension.

I'm asking if it's just some random opinion or it has some facts backing it up.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Am I one of the few people that buys games I want to play, plays them, and occasionally goes back to them later on? And doesn't buy stupid shitty games because they're cheap?

i'm a bit behind on the games i have, but im determined to play all of them.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Why?

Almost not related to topic: I'm tired of the Steam store, I mean CoD is fucking overpriced on Steam, 59 euros($67) for BO2?! Are they retarded!?! the retail version costs fucking $20, compared to the steam version which costs as much as the latest CoD.

I'm tired of their shit!

Steam don't control prices, and recently they let the Devs make their own sales.

OK, not sure if I should care but he has a lot of subs so valve taking notice should work. No let's see if they acknowledge it.

As if...

I don't understand why people are upset about steam having "terrible" games greenlit and early access.

Who cares don't buy it.

I think this is a good move for steam, not being just a store but a tool for devs to be able to try to make whatever crap they can.

Steam should not regulate unless it hurts the end user. Maybe we should get refunds but not get rid of an actual game just because it's awful and about a bagel rolling down the street.