YouTuber NerdCubed Denounces Steam, Plans on curating own store

HellaflushMcSwaggins

As some one named Daniel.

I'm right. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, Steam needs help. People groan and bitch at me for liking Origin.

He's just a person with 2 million subs on YouTube who makes lets plays... 

He's a nobody.

/s

That's what it sounds like, a nobody throwing a hissy fit.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

THANK THIS MAN.
Steam has been flooded with hoards of shitty indie games. It's terrible. Origin is a much better service in my opinion even though it offers much, much less games because they give you refunds.
Also post a screen cap of your queue, I've been though 1129 games on Steam and it seems to just be a never ending pit of shitty indie games.
4784fd803f.png

why is it valves fault that some people are dumb as lemmings and will buy shit games or vote up whatever some youtuber tells them to? 

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

I don't have much to add but this ...

If people really feel the need to fix Steam, the answer is simple; vote with your wallets!

is really what it is all about. But really, some people care, most people don't and want to buy in to the new hype and are eager to explore what 'bait-games' like Goat Simulator are about. Whatever.

Also, Nerdcubed/Daniel can fuck himself for giving Steam all this shit, while playing those 'bad games' for view-baiting at his channel and earning money for it.

Youtube Search: Air Control

Second item listed:

Title: Nerd³'s Hell... Air Control

Channel: OfficialNerdCubed

Views: 956,817

Erm...yeah......

He's absolutely right about this though.

Why do you think goat simulator exists? Because of this crap.

Understatement of the century.

Goat simulator is fucking amazing. 

Well I disagree with him.

I dislike the idea of having a walled garden. All I want from Steam is to be able to go there and buy whichever game I want for a very low price. Not allowing games on the store because they don't meet some arbitrary "quality" standard won't help with that at all. I would rather have 10 extra bad games on the store rather than miss out on 1 good game. I want to be the judge of how good a game if and if it's worth buying. I don't want someone else going "this is a good game so you are allowed to buy it, but I don't like this game so we won't sell it to you".

I usually dislike being spoon-fed things, especially if it's something as subjective as a game being enjoyable or not.

Steam is flawed in lots of areas, but allowing lots of games to be sold though them is not one of those flaws in my opinion.

He's garbage to begin with, then he doesn't understand how Steam works nor Valve's interactions with developers/vice versa and to end it all he's pompous enough to think he'll be able to create his own store and make it successful while being better....

Is he really complaining about how open Steam is now? The price Valve paid by opening it up was having shitty games make it up there as well, but at the end no one is forcing you to buy them, if a game is clearly a scam they should intervene, otherwise let the consumer decide...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

He is not entirely wrong with the current issues on Steam. Greenlight is a decent concept but needs some sort of quality control. Early access is also a good concept but need work, for starters the prices should be much lower for some titles since your basically paying for part of a game or a demo. For example some titles cost £10-15 or more! Thats more than I spend on a completed AAA title most of the time so why would I pay that for an unfinished mess of a title?

I find it GOOD that he is now promoting titles on the Humble Store, not only because its more controlled but because a cut of the sales go to CHARITY. So if a title is the same price on Steam/Humble I would buy from Humble for the charity cut alone.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

He's fucking stupid.

San is anything but stupid, and I am sure he knows a lot more about the topic than you.

wuuuhhhhhh

I can agree to some extent. At the moment there is so much trash on steam, just horrible games that no ones wants to play and the only reason they are on there is because someone might buy it and Steam can make some money out of it. And Steam pricing recently has been too high, if you shop around game key websites you can usually get a key cheaper than the price of the game on Steam.

so he is complaining that steam has variety. this is like complaining that your local car dealer has hondas and toyotas and not just lambos and Bugattis. you may not like the indie games but other people do. i find this ironic from someone that plays minecraft because by his logic only the best games should be shown and minecraft with its low graphics should be kicked out the door

I killed my group because Steam has shitty games.

Humble gives mostly Steam codes. 

I'm starting a Humble store. 

Sometimes Dannyboy lets his emotions get in the way of reason. I still dig his channel most of the time. 

Why?

Almost not related to topic: I'm tired of the Steam store, I mean CoD is fucking overpriced on Steam, 59 euros($67) for BO2?! Are they retarded!?! the retail version costs fucking $20, compared to the steam version which costs as much as the latest CoD.

I'm tired of their shit!

Relax. You don't need COD.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

To me Steam is just a free service that sells and saves my games to an account. So I don't really care that much If it doesn't have top quality service.  Cause its a free platform.

To me Steam is just a free service that sells and saves my games to an account. So I don't really care that much If it doesn't have top quality service.  Cause its a free platform.

Origin is just a free service too, yet their customer service makes Steams look like fucking amateur hour. 

Stop making excuses for how pathetic Valve is in that department. Its not something you just get to ignore because you have a "free service". Valve takes a 30% cut on sales, they have no excuse for not having proper support and service. 

Steam and Valve apologists are the worst. 

Origin is just a free service too, yet their customer service makes Steams look like fucking amateur hour. 

Stop making excuses for how pathetic Valve is in that department. Its not something you just get to ignore because you have a "free service". Valve takes a 30% cut on sales, they have no excuse for not having proper support and service. 

I've said this before; that EA has better customer service than Valve, period, and gotten shit thrown at me because "PRAISE GABEN!", "PC MASTER RAICE !!1!!"

As much as I like what the Steam service is, it's turning into a POS fast because Valve isn't getting with the program. They have all these nice features over Origin right now yet they're lacking in customer support have no customer support.

And how many people are on origin?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

And how many people are on origin?

Oh, so now it's a excuse of Steam having so many customers? Okay then. I can play that angle. How many customers does Amazon have? Roughly a lot more than Steam, Origin, XBL and PSN combined.

Yet Amazon has a 12 hours or less assurance on answering emails and has fully functional call centres that get things done. Amazon somehow manages to have one of the best CSR infrastructures for any company its size and Amazon handles issues regarding products sold by them and by resellers who use Amazon.

So what's Steams excuse? What is so difficult with CSR that Valve can't afford to implement something that isn't embarrassing to the rest of their service? People on these forums act like Steams shit doesn't stink and have such twisted double standards when it comes to criticizing anything they do.

Where the fuck will all the small and growing developers go if steam didn't have a greenlight program?

If that was the case all the games we would see were from Ubisoft, activision etc

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors