[Complete] Project: PC Master Race Takeover

dezrow

Couple of new developments. Instead of going with the PCI-e riser cable i am going with a right angle riser board so that i dont have excess cable folded up everywhere. Also for a power solution i am going to go with an HDPlex 250watt(400w peak) HTPC PSU. it is small and will power most anything i need to throw at it.

http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-250W-Hi-Fi-DC-ATX-Power-Supply-16V-24V-Wide-Range-Voltage-Input.html

With the small form factor of the PSU that i will be working with i am going to looking at going with a GTX 960 GPU. reports from many tech reviewers are stating that this thing pulls under 120W under load which is amazing. 

Got confirmation that the new CPU cooler will be in this week which is a plus and mounting options for the GPU will be what i am working while i wait on funds for the GPU and PSU(which should be in about 2 weeks or less.)

Last thing is that i think that getting the touch capacitive button on the front may be too large of an undertaking so i am going to be using the Sync button on the wide as the power button and install an RGB LED behind the touch button so that it still lights up.

I was going to do the same thing but I couldn't find a cheap xbox case, none being sold separately and spares xbox were going for almost the same as a working console.

So what's the width/length of the Xbox One internally? Because it's about the same height as the Original Xbox internally.

I'm waiting to see someone put a powerful machine in one of these, I mean that Pentium and a 750Ti are a good combo, but where's an i5 and single/dual high end GPUs? If no-one does it, I'll have to do it myself When I win the lottery of course

Still, subbed, can't wait to see how this comes out!

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

So what's the width/length of the Xbox One internally? Because it's about the same height as the Original Xbox internally.

I'm waiting to see someone put a powerful machine in one of these, I mean that Pentium and a 750Ti are a good combo, but where's an i5 and single/dual high end GPUs? If no-one does it, I'll have to do it myself When I win the lottery of course

Still, subbed, can't wait to see how this comes out!

This system will house a GTX 960. Should have the ability to run an i5 without an overclock just fine, i just got an pentium for mega cheap as a placeholder.

Subbed. Love these custom console-to-PC builds. :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

GPU and Kill A Watt Power strip are both ordered so I can see exaclty what im pulling and when. Next week will be the PSU hopefully. Cut some expansions slots off of an old case I had lying around so I will hopefully be putting expansion slots on tonight. PCI-E riser card installed and it fits like a glove. Installed a spare GPU in it to see how things fit and it looks like it might actually work! HAHA!!

GPU and Kill A Watt Power strip are both ordered so I can see exaclty what im pulling and when. Next week will be the PSU hopefully. Cut some expansions slots off of an old case I had lying around so I will hopefully be putting expansion slots on tonight. PCI-E riser card installed and it fits like a glove. Installed a spare GPU in it to see how things fit and it looks like it might actually work! HAHA!!

Can't wait to see the GPU installed :)

Are you keeping the original color or are you going to paint it? It would look mad in matte white

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Can't wait to see the GPU installed :)

Are you keeping the original color or are you going to paint it? It would look mad in matte white

This is the question i have been struggling with. Keep it stock or paint it. I need to take another look at the faceplate to see if it even can be painted. i THINK (which is dangerous) that there is a clear piece over the faceplate. If that is the case, and if it can be removed then painting may happen. 

Can I have the Xbox's internals? :P

Subbed

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Can I have the Xbox's internals? :P

Subbed

Ew, why would you want them? They're infected with consolitus! :P;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

UPDATE

GPU and Kill A Watt will be in tomorrow for wattage testing, and PSU will be ordered on friday which will be the last of the parts I need.

I have also decided to make this a bit more custom and I will be painting this sucker Green and Black. Quite possibly even throwing an stenciled out NVidia Logo on it. While it undermines the "PC In Disguise" I still think that the spirit of the build will still be there. There rear of the case is almost completely done. Expansion slots have been added for the video card but it is a bit ugly at the moment. Ill share photos if you all want but its nothing special...yet... Also made a small booboo while using the dremel but it allowed me to learn the new skill of using BONDO!!! Will keep you all updated!

UPDATE

GPU and Kill A Watt will be in tomorrow for wattage testing, and PSU will be ordered on friday which will be the last of the parts I need.

I have also decided to make this a bit more custom and I will be painting this sucker Green and Black. Quite possibly even throwing an stenciled out NVidia Logo on it. While it undermines the "PC In Disguise" I still think that the spirit of the build will still be there. There rear of the case is almost completely done. Expansion slots have been added for the video card but it is a bit ugly at the moment. Ill share photos if you all want but its nothing special...yet... Also made a small booboo while using the dremel but it allowed me to learn the new skill of using BONDO!!! Will keep you all updated!

We demand pictures :)

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

UPDATE

You could also use a skin for this kind of thing minus the nVidia logo.

We demand pictures :)

Ask and Ye Shall Receive!

Like a said before. Shes a bit rough looking, but nothing a little grinding, sanding, and paint wont fix!

IMG_20150201_225609447_zpsa845bc25.jpg

IMG_20150201_225833870_zps0b4d86a5.jpg

IMG_20150201_225918125_zps1825c45b.jpg

Also good to note that the GPU, CPU cooler and Kill A Watt come in today so we are almost in the home stretch! Wattage testing, painting and the beginning of installation starts this week!

Ask and Ye Shall Receive!

The system! Give it to me!!! :D

Can't wait till I get home now! I can't see the pics right now because I'm on my school's WiFi and they block some picture formats I think. Imgur works fine though....

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Nice, this is actually looking pretty good so far. I wanted to do this, but i can never seem to find a broken Xbox One for cheap enough

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Woah! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before. This is awesome!

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Woah! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before. This is awesome!

A lot of people thought of this, but broken X box ones can be 200 dollars still

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

4Chan is love, 4chan is life

>no it's not

UPDATE:

960, and kill a watt came in so it is time to do some benching to test some wattage!

IMG_20150202_184556682_zps1e8f6e65.jpg

IMG_20150202_184609370_zpse3f87a43.jpg

Firestrike score!

IMG_20150202_190241002_HDR_zpsf5aacdc6.j

Look at that IDLE and Max Wattage during firestrike

Idle

IMG_20150202_184625556_zps909c4fc7.jpg

Max Wattage

IMG_20150202_190047320_zps04565f65.jpg

New Cooler

IMG_20150202_194319751_zpsb2890f80.jpg

Time for a test fit and lay everything out in the case!

IMG_20150202_195708072_zpsa6c33b6e.jpg

IMG_20150202_195742922_zpsbbf6b8c2.jpg

Overall i am getting mega excited for this!!! I just started painting the case as well. Will post pics when im done!